chapter 28

"sorry, i wasn't able to prepare anything big for your birthday,"
"idiot. being with someone on my birthday is already enough," he replied, still admiring the night sky.

by this, y/n noticed how vulnerable tsukishima was. she was planning to tease him but she disregarded the thought of it in an instant, assuming it would ruin the moment.

"you sure do love places like this. you admire the night sky that much?" y/n asked.
"i love stars.." he responded, still keeping an eye at the sky.

"yeah, i know. i know that very well."

.
.

"i suddenly remembered something weird," he stated while looking at y/n with a noticeable disgusted look in his face.

"what?" she asked, innocently.

"remember when you talked about the specific places of your heart thing? yeah that, definitely weird." he replied, creeped out just thinking about what y/n said the last time.

"i call it unique way of remembering people," she glared at tsukishima. "and of course he'd ruin the moment himself.." y/n added, mumbling the last part.

"that's nonsens―"
"don't hate it too much, you're part of it too you know," she glared at him, eyes widening in response to what y/n said.

"huh?" tsukishima asked, confused. which made y/n look away.
"you heard nothing,"

tsukishima chuckled. "hm? am i in the aorta or something?" he smirked, mocking her as much as he could.

"yeah how'd you guess? you're in the aorta," she replied, making tsukishima wonder why the hell y/n decided to place him there.

"why?" tsukishima furrowed his eyebrows at y/n, still wondering what she meant.

very cheesy but similar to the aorta― 'main' artery, i've always wanted to have you as the 'leading' man of my life, she thought.

that doesn't make any sense now that i think of it, she laughed to herself.

"because i aorta tell you how much i hate you," she teased, giggling.

"the fuck?" he exclaimed, eyes twitching in annoyance.

y/n laughed in response. tsukishima continued glaring at her when y/n took her phone out her pocket. maybe to check the time.

11:50 PM
september 26

oh, ten minutes left.

"sorry i was kidding, don't mind," y/n joked but tsukishima only gave her a disgusted look.
"okay, idiot." he replied, flicking her forehead.

the both of them remained quiet for a while. y/n was on her phone while tsukishima, who was looking at the sky, seemed to be counting the uncountable stars.

y/n slowly faced her best friend, took a deep breath, and spoke up.
"kei," she said, startling tsukishima.

"do not call me out like that." he nervously spoke up.

"you're the most annoying person i know, literally the reason why my mood worsen a lot. you're the lamppost whom i―"

"i hate the most, i know." tsukishima chuckled. "please continue it later, i need to ask something."

love and hate at the same time, she thought.

tsukishima took a glance of y/n's confused face, and slowly looked away right after.

"if someone whom you're uninterested with, admitted their feelings for you, would you reject them hard?"

y/n flinched, confused with what he asked just now.

but she had to answer something since tsukki sounded so sincere and genuine.

"i'll... consider their feelings before anything else. though i'm not sure i can respond to someone right after they confess.." she replied, looking down.

"you're an idiot, y/n." tsukishima mumbled, smiling to himself.

y/n showed a small smiled at him, gently taking out her phone in her pocket once again.

12:00 AM
september 27

"happy birthday, kei."

tsukishima's eyes slightly widened as he stared at y/n's eyes. he showed his smile to her this time.

"thank you, y/n. i'm glad you're here,"

or so he thought.