Blue

It had been five minutes since they all got to the cafe, yet the four friends were still waiting for someone before they could start their day. "Why is she always late?" Chase huffed, attempting to blow his bangs away from his eyes. "Because you always insist on meeting on the other side of the city," Ashley said in an annoyed and tired tone. The three that were awake jumped at the raven-haired girl's arrival. "How long have you been there for?" Riya asks, genuinely surprised on how easily she can sneak up on them. "Long enough." She sighed only to receive giggle from Scarlett. She scanned the table where her friends sat. "Is James ever awake?" and as if on cue the brunette shot up. "I'll have you know I was just resting my eyes." he yawned Ashley simply adopted an amused smirk before ushering the group out so they could start their day.

"And then there were two." James sighed, waving to Scarlett and Chase as they walked off, Riya had left earlier in the day due to 'Something personal' so now it was just Ashley and him. "We spent all that time shopping for those two I almost forgot why I came in the first place," Ashley said, mildly irritated at their shopping habits. "What did you need?" James asked as the two started walking. "I need some warmer clothes, I don't wanna die of hypothermia." looking back on their time together, He couldn't say he remembered seeing Ashley in anything warmer than a hoodie despite the fact that it's been getting considerably colder. She couldn't have been that warm at the moment with the said hoodie, presumably a t-shirt, jeans and runners when you could see your breath.

"How's this?" Ashley said, opening the change room door. This her third time asking for a second opinion so James just sighed a positive response without even glancing up from his phone. "So helpful." She replied sarcasm coating her voice. This caused him to look up. "Obviously." he laughed, examining her outfit. White knee-high socks, a pale blue skirt that ended just above them, and a puffy blue jacket. "Is a skirt really practical?" He asked. "We already brought like five pants, let me have one cute look." she sighed. It took him a while to realize that the jacket's blue matched her eyes perfectly. Ashley did a quick spin before heading back into the changing room. "I'm getting this one." She declared. This was the day James knew for sure that blue was his favourite colour.