ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Omggg first chapter, let's get into ittt

Todoroki Shoto.
●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Todoroki Shoto, a name he wishes he can just erase one day, where he can just walk away from all the trials and tribulations it had to offer. However, those only seem to happen in dreams than reality.

At first, Shoto's life was quite lively, with his loving mother and siblings, and the admiration of the countless subjects of his soon-to-be kingdom. He remembered countless people in fancy clothing and spectacle features granting him their many blesses. It was expected since, despite being the youngest, Shouto was proclaimed heir to the throne the moment his father began training him.

His father, Todoroki Enji, first of his name and king of Endea. The man was respected by all, not for generous and caring attributes, but for his ruthlessness and fear he invoked to his enemies. In a land with countless mystical beings, it was Enji who made the human race a force not meant to be taken lightly.

From the Elven folk of the lavish Westerlands, the Harpy's of the Homeric Mountains, to even the fierce dragons of the south in the scorch wastelands, everyone knew of the noble Todoroki name. Before this, humans were seen as pitiful beings compared to the mystical others, few were even able to integrate with the creatures such as the Drache people who learned the magic of dragons.

King Enji promised to prove this narrative wrong, which within decades into his reign, formed the once feeble kingdom of Endea into a mighty powerhouse. To push his plan into motion, he conquered the other remaining human-run kingdoms except for Drache, due to their close ties to dragons. Nonetheless, once he was done, he sent word to all other kingdoms asserting his new profound power.

The Royal Elves of the Kamui family instantly showed their support, offering Enji countless magical or enchanted items. The Harpy Vestige, Keigo Takami, became a rather major ally to him for doing something no other human has done since centuries ago, looking up to the fiery king. Only the diligent Bakugo family saw nothing with Enji's declaration, simply challenging to show him what real power looks like.

The Todoroki Family earned a spot as one of the most influential throughout the lands, Enji contently bathing in all of it. Ruling his city with an iron fist, and expecting everything to be as he wants it, even his children. The first child of House Todoroki was glorified throughout the lands, many thinking he'll be a mighty heir until he just wasn't. The confusion flooded the streets, as Enji almost swiftly went to the next and the next.

It wasn't like he didn't want an heir, it was just they weren't worthy of such a blessing. His eldest was too weak to hold his own in battle, the third was too compassionate to even want to participate in one, while the second he deemed unfit due to her being a her. That leads us to the 'blessed' Todoroki Shoto, who Enji vowed to train him to become his rightful and perfect heir.

And that's what lead us to our current situation, that despite all the riches and fame Shoto was given, he despised it all. Stripped away from a simple childhood, instead of giggles and games, there were punches and lessons. The treatment went on until he reached 16 years, the damage already done, as shown with the scar on his left eye.

His mother was the cause of it, he doesn't blame her since he probably would've done the same thing in her situation. He still remembers her last words to him, before his father sent her to face her punishment for harming his precious heir.
__________

"Shoto, I do hope you'll forgive me one day." She blurted out, already trying not to let out a sob. "Your father may be a cruel person, but promise me you'll never be like him, okay? Promise me you'll be the hero we always talked about remember?" She smiled, a hand stroking Shoto's cheek as he nuzzled happily into the touch, the boy giving a soft 'I promise'.