ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 23

The First-Step
●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

"So, you're telling me that you," The man began, pointing a finger towards the King. "Hired a bunch of infamous thieves and psychos to spy on your son and Izuku, but didn't expect for them to end up betraying you and taking Izuku instead?" Aizawa asked, his tone laced with annoyance as he rubbed at his temples.

"I didn't expect much since there wasn't much to do, they stole some gems but I can get that replaced," Enji responded, before continuing after hearing a literal growl from his son. "—But, I suppose I didn't really prepare for them taking Izuku."

"No, really?! Maybe you shouldn't have hired thieves to spy on us, to begin with!" Shoto argued, fists clenched at his sides as he marched up to his father. "You always have to ruin everything don't you. Natsuo's right, you don't care about nothing except yourself!"

"I did what was necessary, it was better to just get it over with than waiting 10 more months. I didn't even think I had that much time either!" Enji countered, glaring at his son with the same fire until their inevitable clash came to an abrupt halt.

"Ahem," Aizawa coughed out, catching the two's attention as he scowled at them both. "It's bad enough that I'm bombarded by your own issues, but now it's even worse being stuck between your family quarrels this early in the day—"

"It's 2 in the afternoon," Shoto commented.

"—Like I was saying, if you want my help then I suggest you keep the fighting down a bit," Aizawa warned, feeling pleased with how both Todoroki appeared to have calmed down.

The group was currently in Aizawa's private office, where he oversaw the criminal activity and other types of underground ruckus throughout the city. The group being Iida, an angry Shoto, an impatient Enji, and Yamada who went to get tea to calm the tension. They were also accompanied by Burnin and Kido who came to give them a status report of the current search.

It's been an hour since they were told of the unexpected disappearance of Izuku, and the only lead they managed to uncover is a hidden passageway within the dungeons which was apparently broken open. This simply fuelled the fire which was Shoto's resentment towards his father.

"So, you hired 'The League'? It is a wise investment, they used to practically run the criminal world of Endea, but now they're as threatening as a child with a wooden spoon." Aizawa explained. He thought deeply for the next course of action, looking through any recent papers of the group, the most recent one being only 2 years ago.

"What happened to them for them to become so less-threatening?" Shoto asked skeptically, being his first time ever even hearing the group in detail.

"Their group leader, who apparently seemed to be the only one insinuating the fear into other rivaling groups, suddenly died due to unknown circumstances. The rest is history," Aizawa replied promptly, setting the files on his desk and scanning through each one of them already outdated information.

This didn't help their cause since they lacked any proper leads to act upon, and all they knew they could be anywhere in Endea or even Yueii. What they needed is someone who understood the current system of the underground to get a clearer idea, and regretfully Aizawa knew just the person to seek.

'I have to ask him for help, don't I?' Aizawa questioned himself, already feeling a headache at the mere thought of the prospect. Yet, he swallowed his pride and resided to do what he really rather not do.