ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 19

Fateful Confessions
●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

"I'll never see them again."

The words echoed throughout the stilled room, nothing but the faint sobs of the mer in the prince's arms were heard. Shoto never felt such a rush of emotions, nor has he ever even been in this type of crisis before. The only moment he can probably get experience from was all those years ago, 'Mother' He answered to himself.

Shoto didn't want to endure the memory of his mother vanishing in a blink of an eye, and now he fears the same fate for Izuku.

All he can do is simply clutch the young boy protectively, allowing him to simply express himself as he tries to rub his back soothingly. His socially-awkward demeanor definitely on full display, but Shoto still wanted to try his best.

His usual emotionless brain was now short-circuiting as he scrambled for something to do. It's not that he didn't understand the situation, Izuku wants to go home but he can't because of his father and his wants. 'What does someone do in this situation? Reassurance, yeah, maybe advice?' Shoto debated with himself.

Though, with the intense shivers from the hysterical boy in his arms, he agreed to simply do what's right. Izuku wants to go home, and even if Shoto found himself head over heels for the boy, if that's what he wants then he'll need to follow through.

Reluctantly, dismissing the small tug yelling for him not to, Shoto leaned back and spoke out, "Izuku, Izuku look at me." His voice was soft, not wanting to come off aggressive or frighten the already shaken up boy.

The young mer's head indecisively peaked up, but his posture showed his uneasiness. His gaze was still lowered, too distressed to even meet those bi-colored eyes.

"Izuku," Shoto repeated, this time planting both hands gently on the other's cheeks, forcing the eye contact. Internally, he gasped at how bold the move was, but even more so when he saw those bright emerald irises encircled in ache. Shoto now acknowledging how close the two were, overlooking the slight reddening since this definitely wasn't the right time, at least not yet that is.

"Is that what you want? What—you really want, to go back home?" He nervously asked, eyes tangled in those valleys of greens, afraid when he looks away it'll all be gone. Izuku bit his lip lightly, thinking on the question before timidly nodding. "Then, let's go."

With those words, Izuku virtually flinched at them, eyebrows rising in awe. He was taken aback from the sudden suggestion, especially how easily it rolled off the prince's tongue. "W—What do you mean!? We can't go—We'll get caught!" He tried countering.

"Not unless we do it quickly," Shoto retorted, taking a shaky breath before continuing. "I've lived in this castle all my life, I know all the guard posts and their usual routines. Plus, I am the prince," He commented, chuckling softly at the other. "That's what you want, right?"

"Of course!" Izuku yelled, eyes looking into the prince for any sign of doubtfulness. "Of course I do, but why are you so willing? I would've expected you to at least be more questioning on the topic, not just go along!" He uttered.

"Well, I—I just, don't want you to be sad," Shoto confessed, words low and shaky as they rang through the room. "And, if bringing you back home changes that, then I'll be okay with it," Shoto reassures, he may have seemed certain of his words, but even to him, it felt like someone else was speaking.