ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 22

Your Choices
●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Silence once again engulfed the room as the family waited for their father to either answer the question, or simply avoid it as usual. Fuyumi and Natsuo's eyes widened at the sudden question, a clear indication to Shoto that they didn't even know what happened.

"S—Shoto, what are you talking about? What's wrong with Izuku?" Fuyumi asked cautiously, clutching the fabric of her dress anxiously. Natsuo looked towards Shoto, also hoping for an answer.

"How do you think that monster even looks like that now? He finally got Izuku's tear and then just snatched him away!" He exclaimed, already feeling the fire begin to spark within him. "So, where is he?!"

Enji didn't respond, simply sighing before responding, "You really just get to the point huh?" He asked mockingly, causing Shoto to clench his fists tightly. "But, I took him to the dungeons to see if he'll shed more, it'll be a shame to let such an opportunity go to waste. Don't fret though, I've already sent a guard to check up on him anyways."

Shoto felt a bit reassured knowing the young mer is still alive, though he knew his siblings didn't seem to be at rest with the sudden discovery. "So, you're telling me, you threw the only mermaid—merman—this city probably has ever seen into the dungeons, instead of at least letting him free?! That's uncalled for to treat him like some livestock!" Natsuo expresses, flailing his hands as he shouted at his father.

"That's exactly my point," Shoto added, glaring at his father as the two Todoroki ridiculed him. Enji flinched slightly at the sudden shift of attention directed him, already regretting even hoping for a small family lunch.

"Guys, we don't need to be shouting... J—Just let's talk about this in a calm manner!" Fuyumi attempted to plead to the others, but the fire was already too great to simply blow away.

"I'll consider letting him free," Enji replied with, his voice unwavering despite the constant yelling from his children. "Only when I get what I want from him, an ability like that can help us for who knows how long. It'll be beneficial for the family as a whole to have available access to it." He admits.

"You mean yourself! Once again you're putting someone in hell for your own benefit. As if you even bother to care or even focus on your own children," Natsuo snapped back, settling back in his seat as he scowled at the taller man. "Where was that attitude with mother?!...or even Toya, Huh!?"

"Natsuo!" Fuyumi gasped out, face contorting into shock at the unexpected statement. The family experienced the impact of the dreadful name in their own ways, Fuyumi clenching her fists tightly. "Now's not the time for that—"

"And when is it?! The only person he even bothers acknowledging is the one he crowned heir," He hissed at, Shoto involuntarily tilting his head down at the mention, feeling a tinge of guilt. "Of course, he wouldn't want to talk to us, failed experiments."

The family expected their father to lash out as they'd expected, shown when Enji clenched his jaw preparing to shout. However, it never came as another sound chose to echo throughout the room. The Todoroki family turned their attention from each other, towards the now opened door with a panting Kido within it.

Enji raised a confused brow at this sudden intrusion, especially with the current state of his own knight. "Kido, what is the meaning of this uncalled for the interruption?" He asked, a part of him thankful for not having to deal with that argument anymore.