ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 9

Where fire burns
▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬

It was early in the morning when Shoto was awakened by the sound of distant seagulls, as well as a knock on his door. The prince sat up tiredly, rubbing at his eyes as he gazed out into the endless sea, admiring where the blue depths met the orange of the sky.

The knocking continued, taking up his attention as a voice spoke out, "Your Majesty, we've reached the shores of Endea, we'll be docking in a few moments." Aizawa stated, not waiting for a reply as he stomped away.

Shoto sighed as he maneuvered to hang his feet over the bed's edge, taking deep breaths as he went to prepare for the new day.

The first thing he did was fix his bed, put on his last pair of clean clothes, and begin to arrange his personal items into his satchel. Smiling softly as he delicately placed the picture into the bag, accompanied by other small trinkets.

When Shoto left the room, he noticed he was probably the last one to awaken as almost everyone was marching around like ants as they went to prepare for their departure. He noticed some maneuvering the sails, some hauling crates around, and others simply enjoying the morning.

Shoto took it upon himself to walk over to the forecastle deck, where he noticed the chunk of land in the distance. Even from this far, he saw the specks of the color of the many houses and shops, which all seemed to glitter in the sunlight. To top it off, in the center of it all he noticed the towering castle, able to make out its many towers and structures, the thought reminding him of his siblings.

He remembered when he was younger and his siblings would take him out to the gardens to play 'Knights and Dragons'. He laughed softly as he recalled Fuyumi always being the damsel in distress while their older brother acted as the fierce dragon.

"Well if it isn't our favorite CandyCane!" A voice chirped behind him, Shoto already recognizing the person due to the embarrassing nickname.

"That's not quite the greeting one can expect when talking to a Royal, don't you think Hizashi?" Shoto stated, his words were only answered with a loud laugh.

"Oh Todoroki, you know I'm just messing with ya'!" Hizashi added, "I'm sure you're excited to finally be home as we are, I can't wait to finally head to the comfort of my fluffy bed! I also miss my dearest Kumo!"

Kumo was Hizashi and Aizawa's cat, Shoto only met him once and it ended with quite the scratch on his arm. Though, he had to admit the cat was still adorable to look at from afar. It was white with a tint of light blue, and a streak across its little nose.

"Yes, I am excited to finally be home after such a journey, I just want to enjoy some nice cold soba and stay in bed," Shoto exclaimed, turning his gaze back towards the kingdom ahead. Once again, his thoughts were clouded by a certain green-haired boy.
___________

When the boat finally docked on the busy ports of the city, Shoto was one of the first to make his way out of the vessel. Noticing a small crowd of merchants and fishermen staring at the royal prince, he can hear the faint conversations of speculation.

By now it was common knowledge in Endea of the dangerous voyage to Moonshire Bay, most fearful for the condition of their beloved prince. He spotted some expressions of relief amongst the crowd.

He waited patiently by the boat, watching everyone disembark and carry their belongings out the vessel. Bakugo was busy ranting to Kirishima about what he'll tell his parents once he returns, whilst Sero and Kaminari tiredly dragged along his bags and supplies.

"Oi, half-and-half! This is where our partnership ends, so I expect that gold reward or else!" Bakugo barked, Shoto simply nodding and gesturing towards Aizawa who was responsible for the reward.