ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 26

The stars are closer
▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬

The group set off almost immediately out of the city, Shoto not even bothering to bid his goodbyes to anyone. He was determined to find Izuku, no matter what it takes.

However, Iida reprimanded him that it'll be unwise for them to simply rush and exude their energy when the day has only begun. As much as it irritated Shoto, he had to understand that this type of game wouldn't end in a simple day or two.

Elyria was their best chance in finding them, and if that doesn't help them, then Izuku might as well be anywhere. It also didn't help the fact he was a blink away from passing out on the spot.

That's how he somehow found himself rocking slightly from side-to-side, the piercing sun didn't do any help for his cause either. Iida was by his side, prepared to shout at him if necessary to keep the boy awake, he also took it upon himself to chat with the stoic boy despite not getting any responses.

"Did you know, that one out of 5 wild-berries most likely has some kind of bug in them? It's really fascinating actually, and an easy way to find out is by simply pressing into it slightly with your thumbs..." The Elven boy rambled on, Shoto not even bothering if it's real or not.

They were at the head of the group, of course besides Aizawa who sluggishly followed close behind. He was an odd hat that managed to shield his eyes from the blazing sun, Shoto staring enviously for not bringing a hat with him.

Behind them, Shinso and the blonde boy, Ojiro, were busy making small-talk even though it was similar to how Iida's and his conversation is like. Shoto learned from the Elven boy that Ojiro was one of Endea's top trackers, and is best suited in finding someone's trails or any footprints left behind.

The other was known as Tamaki, an Elven boy who also had some experience in tracking or hunting. Despite his anxious exterior, the boy possessed a unique type of magic, whatever he eats can be manifested upon himself for any useful task. Iida mentioned how he was also a Kingsguard-in-training like Mirio, though no one would've guessed at first glance.

The group seemed promising, even Shinso with his skills in stealth also would come in handy. Shoto trusted them enough to be efficient in this kind of mission, and that they'll definitely be of use to them in the near future.

The prince just hopes it'll come sooner, though with the rhythm of the horse continuing to trot down the path, and the faint noises of nature tuning around him. Shoto found himself lulling to sleep until a small snore could be heard.
__________

"Are you gonna keep being melodramatic all day or not?" Dabi asked from across the room, now sitting up as he watched the mer stare intently out the window. The boy smirking as he saw the way Izuku flinched at the sudden intrusion.

"I don't even know what a melodramatic is," Izuku countered, sending a glare at the other who simply scoffed in return.

"Then I guess you still won't know," He taunted, before taking a peek out of the window as well, curious about what the boy was even looking out. "What were you thinking about?"

"What makes you think I was—"

"Your nose scrunches up whenever you're deep in thought, you've practically done it the entire time you've been with us." Dabi pointed out, stifling a chuckle as the way Izuku's eyes widened in shock and embarrassment. "Also, you can stop that whole 'tough guy' act, you practically cried when you saw a squirrel."

"I never met one before, how would I know that it doesn't eat people?!" Izuku shouted, flailing his hands for better emphasis before settling down. "Why do you even bother what I'm thinking about?"