ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 17

Under the Moonlight
●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

The streets of the Western District were becoming vacant of any activity, except for those left to clean up after the grand festival, yet it'll begin again starting tomorrow.

The two elves were currently situated in front of the restaurant, helping put away the tables and chairs set up outside. Iida was also given the handsy task of having to pick up any piece of garbage or trash left lingering along with the floors.

Hatsume's Father was busy inside the kitchen cleaning the many pots and dishes used during today's service, whilst her mom occupied herself with counting the cash they managed to achieve.

"So, what were you doing with the prince of Endea and some stranger today?" The pink-haired girl inquired, looking up from her seat at the other. She was sitting on one of the stools as Iida was busy sweeping.

"They wished to see the Summer Solstice, so as me being the only elf they personally know, I offered to be their tour guide." He replied, continuing to meticulously clean up any bits of dust.

"Mhmm, I guess that's understandable." She stated, fumbling around with a small device she managed to create. It was similar to a music box, but instead of the usual ballerina within the center, there was a small arrangement of celestial bodies. She tinkered with the invention, enjoying the way it smoothly twirled around.

"Nevertheless, I haven't even seen you here that much lately anyway," Hatsume declared, catching the other's attention who curiously turned towards her. "I'm your only friend here and yet you only see me on the weekends whenever you aren't busy with guard duty, especially with your new position of mermaid hunting." She proclaimed.

At the mention of the term, Iida's interested perked up, "Wait—How do you know about that again?" He asked blankly, face filled with confusion.

"You practically told all of Yueii about it, from what I heard you even got that fiery prince of the south to join in. I'd say I'm jealous if I knew the guy, but I forgot his name so," She answered leisurely before returning to her usual investigative manner. "However, when I heard mermaids, I didn't believe it at first, I thought they were just bedtime stories. Yet, I guess I can seek some clarification from you?"

"For your information, yes, they are very much a species." He remarked, Hatsume simply rolling her eyes. "From my observation, they live up to the tales, creatures from the deep who drag in unlucky sailors, or sink entire vessels... Well, at least some of them." He explained, the last few words were spoken more softly as if he was speaking to himself. Which didn't go unnoticed by the other elf, Hatsume promptly carrying on.

"You're back though," Hatsume pointed out, straightening herself up in the chair as she placed the antique on the table. "Which means, you achieved the mission, right?" Iida's silence towards the question was enough of an answer, especially when the boy simply went back to sweeping.

"Y'know, I heard mermaids were great singers too. Heard they're  the most beautiful voices in all Yueii, and I also heard how they were all female." Her words were spoken in a foreign tone, which Iida was all-too-familiar with. It's the tone Hatsume would use whenever she founded a new theory or discovery, or when she had an answer to something.

"Tenya, where's Izuku from again?" She finally asked, her golden-eyes looking right into the blue depths of the others, who physically flinched are her words.

"H-He's from the countryside, f-from Talos—" His rambling was cut off by the girl, as she stood up from her seat.

"I was curious at first when I first met Izuku something felt, fuzzy, about him." She began, walking closer towards Iida, who was now frozen in place in shock. "I thought he was just a mage or something, or I was just having a bad stomachache. Yet, I realized wrong the moment I heard him singing.