ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 29

Awakenings
●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Another spark of thunder echoed throughout the skies, overwhelming the steady rhythm of rain hitting against the murky glass of the window. Izuku examined it all with wide-eyes, occasionally jumping whenever the thunder would suddenly burst.

He doesn't precisely know where he is, it's only been a day or two from when they left the town of Elyria and ended up in this shabby spot. However, what he did know, or at least pieced together, was that something interesting must've happened when they left.

He recounts walking through the woods until Toga mentioned something along the lines of being followed, he remembered the muttered curses from Shigaraki, and with a sudden snap of fingers, his vision went black. Then by the time he came to, he was on the floor with the others standing around him, yet no one told him anything about what happened between then and before.

Though thankfully he can trust Toga and Twice to end up ranting or mentioning it with their loudmouth, what caught his attention was the term "prince" which found its way into their conversations.

Izuku liked to believe it wasn't Shoto they were referring too, mainly since he didn't want to believe the prince put himself in such danger just because of Izuku's actions. He feared something devastating must've happened, even more so when Toga casually asked Dabi, 'so, did you get to burn him?'  Which only made the boy even more anxious.

However, that wasn't entirely the reason he grew so anxious or cautious since coming to this place. He may have experienced only a few interactions with other magical beings, such as when he felt the buzz of energy at the festival, or from the giant dragon that thankfully didn't burn him in Moonshire Bay. Yet, he's never felt anything like the ominous presence which haunted the place like a shadow.

It was similar to a horrid smell that he didn't know where it was emitting from, causing Izuku to constantly shiver or feel nausea whenever he does as much as try exploring his new confines. It wasn't like the lively magic of the Elves, or the soothing one of his people, or even the destructive force of the Drache, it was almost entirely new.

Though, with some observations, he realized that the very group he's traveled with gave off a similar aura. He never thought much of it, since of course, they were humans, and naturally couldn't even possess the magic, to begin with, but somehow his acquaintances found away. Nevertheless, the others were mere pebbles compared to the booming source which always caught Izuku off guard.

Something or someone within the place possessed something completely unnatural to this very world even,  which goes against the basics of nature itself. The prospect alone was enough to cause him to shut himself out, deciding it'll be best to leave such a force alone, and simply sticking to his dust-covered room instead.

A crackle of lightning shocked the air, scaring the boy out of his thoughts and speculations, drawing his attention back towards the chaos outside. He's never experienced a storm firsthand before or got to see it so up close, mainly out of fear if the lightning strikes the water. He's heard it's a pretty quick death, which only used to terrify him, even more, when he was younger.

With a deep sigh, he laid his head against the sticky pillow, no matter how many times he tried it always remained hard as a rock. The only thing perhaps keeping him sane or in some form of comfort was the soothing sound of the rain just outside. 'The others wouldn't even survive sleeping like this, Mina and Tooru would already be complaining,' He joked to himself, smiling softly at the fond thought.

As he finally managed to get eyes to drowsily flutter shut, mumbling the lyrics of an infamous lullaby to calm him down and shut out the pouring of the rain. The mer drifting slowly into sleep, not worrying about what tomorrow has in store.
________