ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 18

Lmaoo I just realized the chapters are so inconsistent, literally the first one was 1,000 something n now we in the 3,000's💀
_______________________________

Remnants of home
●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

At the beginning of the day, Izuku happily invited the relaxed and optimistic atmosphere, dwelling within the delicate daydream. He enjoyed learning more of this foreign place, the different cultures, foods, and he also enjoyed learning the new names for the new faces he encountered.

Even with his unfortunate meeting with Bakugo, despite how irritating it was for the mer to come across him again, it still didn't ruin his hopeful manner. Especially since if things did go left, it'll make him even happier to land at least one hit on the blonde bombshell.

Nevertheless, his manner carried on until he finally reached the cluster of enthusiasm, which was the booming festival. He still remembers the initial awe he experienced at first, admiring the various faces and attire, as well as the variety of foods, trinkets, and many more for sale.

It all felt like a dream for him to even experience such wonders, the boy relishing in all the splendors encircling him. Astounding to him, since compared to the ocean blues he's gotten used to his entire life, now it was like watching the whole spectrum.

He found delight in the blaring music and babbling filling the air, though as the day continued he felt something was missing in the flurry of activity. The sensation was more like an itch, whenever the boy tried scratching it away it always seemed to return. Nevertheless, Izuku decided he'd simply save it for later and continue living in the fantasy.

That was how he and Hatsume were currently lounging above a comfortable rug, which contrasted with the stiff ground of the streets. It was then Shoto and Iida suddenly decided to leave for some task, Izuku didn't have to time to ponder much until Hatsume began talking about some different topic.

"Anyways, you were a really good singer back there, do you do it often?" Questions Hatsume, her ecstatic eyes locked intently at the mer beside her.

"Hm? Oh—Yeah, I guess you can say that" Izuku shyly reacted, awkwardly chuckling as he continued. "I don't really sing as often, never was my thing kinda?"

"Why not?" The girl asked it was as if she was offended. "You have some serious talent, I can tell your family was full of some singers." She remarked, sending a warm smile towards the other, who gladly returned it.

"Yeah, one of my sisters is a really good singer! She's the best out of all of us!" Izuku revealed, recalling Jirou's natural talent, even when it was a basic skill to mermaids. "She can have the whole room stunned with just a single verse."

Izuku chirped, as Hatsume was about to comment again, her mouth hanging open until an unknown voice interrupted them. The two turned their heads slightly to the little boy beside them, being able to make out curly brown hair and a small patch of freckles on his nose.

"E—Excuse me, c—can we sit here, please?" The young boy pleaded nervously, clasping his wrist as he hesitantly looked at the others. Timid brown eyes peeking out from under the boy's rather hefty hat. "I-It's just that, we don't-"

"Katsuma! You can't ask them like that," A more high-pitched voice shouted, the young boy jumping as he turned towards the other newcomer. "You need to be more demanding! What he meant to say, as we aren't able to find another spot to see the sky except for this one here."

"Sadly, we're currently occupying this spot, but is that all? Can't you just climb a tree?" Hatsume questioned straightforwardly, simply eyeing the two children. The girl, who appears to be the oldest sister, was busy sending a sharp glare towards Hatsume who didn't seem phased.