4

VIOLA UNIVERS POV

My head turns towards Edward who's gaze directed downwards as we sit comfortably inside the carriage.

"Brother." I decided to break the silence by starting a conversation.

"Yes?" he lift his head towards me, looking at me with his usual cold expression.

"Where are we going to?" I asked, clueless of the destination we're heading right now.

Edward crossed his arms and turned his head towards the window, enjoying the passing trees.

"We're going to the Alistaire Marquessate." he answered briefly as I nodded in understatement.

I've heard of the Alistaire Marquessate in my first life before.

". . . There's some business I have with the Marquess." he added.

My eyes widened in surprised by his statement. It's true that he's only 12 years old. But I never forget his hard work when he was still a 12 years old.

Dealing with business management and fiances.

But. . .

"Why did you bring me?"

"Father is on a business trip with Valerian, I can't just leave you alone with Carlos knowing his troublesome personality. You might get hurt if I leave you to him." he answered with a closed eyes as he sigh, and relaxed on the seat.

With his words, my lips form a small smile of gratitude that he did think of me and care even if it's just a little.

It's like the days when he was mean to me in my first life all disappear into a dust.

"May I ask what is the business?" I asked as polite as I can with a gentle smile, so it doesn't sound rude.

He opened his eyes as his cold violet eyes greeted mine. ". . .We're going to talk about forming an allianc."

"Alliance?"

"As you can see, father notice that the Emperor is plotting something unpleasant. If that plans succeed and something were going to go on the wrong way. . ."

War.

There will be war.

The Emperor also notice the strength and amount of mana that father has. No, our Dukedom has.

Though until my execution, this problem was never solved.

That's why forming alliance with the Alistaire Marquessate bring us a great benefits.

Even though we don't need support from anyone, we're still a part of the aristocracy.

". . .and I'd like you to have at least, one friend. Marquess Alistaire has a son that is the same age as Valerian. Whether it's a boy or a girl, I want you to have a friend."

". . ."

Warmth dwelled inside me the moment he utter that words. Even though he said it with a cold, hard expression, his words are the opposite.