7

THIRD POV

The luxurious hall that is filled with white and light magneta flowers, the long table that is filled with high quality foods, the side of the hall that is filled with gifts that is placed sequentially to each other, and the big cake that stood luxuriously in the middle of the hall.

Viola never though that her 10th birthday would be celebrated this way for the first time for both of her lives.

It's luxurious but at the same time, it's also simple that send warmth to her heart.

Warmth filled inside her as she look at the bunch of guests who chatted with each other happily and congratulate her on her birthday.

"Happy Birthday, Lady Univers."

"Happy Birthday, sister."

"Happy Birthday, Milady!"

Not only her brothers and the nobles, even the workers there prayed for her happiness and congratulate me wholeheartedly.

Whether it's fake or not, the fact that they congratulate her is real enough.

While looking around the hall, she spotted a familiar figure with the very same golden eyes that she knows.

"Gale." she called out his name as she made her way towards him. He notice her presence as he turned his head towards her.

Her eyes went wide by a few wounds visible on his hands and face.

". . . Gale, are you alright?" she asked worriedly while touching his wounded cheek that is covered with the medicine.

"I-I'm fine, I got in some fights. No need to worry." Gale sighed as his lips form a small smile and put his right hand inside his pocket. "Happy Birthday Vio. . ."

Instead listening to his sentence that is directed towards her only, she grab his arm gently to observe his wound closely.

"Gale, what's wrong?" she asked again as concern filled her eyes.

He's her first friend and he changed in a short time after their first meeting, made her a little upset .

". . . Like I said, I-I got into a fight with some noble kids." he replied while turning his head to the other side, avoiding eye contact.

"Why did you do that?"

"T-they're making me angry."

"What made you jumped into violence that quick?"

". . . T-they were insulting you. . . I don't like it and s-somehow my body move by itself." he smiled awkwardly as he let go of her hand gently and blushed right away.

She chuckle by his behavior because of how cute he was. "Thank you for coming to my birthday." she thanked him wholeheartedly while giving a slight bow of gratitude.

He handed out his hand while the other one is placed on his back, looking like a refined gentleman. "W-want to dance?" he asked while looking at her shyly.

She smiled as she take his hand and bow politely. "It's an honour." she smiled warmly as he chuckled.

They moved to the hall as started started to dance. To her surprise, he's a good dancer and lead the dance nicely.

After the dance ended, Gale give her a present. He walk closer towards her as he put a beautiful hairpin on the side of her hair that has a shape of a white rose.

"It's rare because I design it myself. There's a slight little jewels inside the rose. Don't lose it."

She reached the hairpin on her hair as her lips curved into a gentle smile.