23

THIRD POV

"Father, look at that." Viola exclaimed softly while pointing at the butterfly that just passed them.

". . . What about it?"

"The butterfly colour is the same as your hair." she chuckled as Damon continue to eat his lunch.

Damon decided to have a relaxing time with his only daughter. That is to go to a restaurant and eat their lunch there. One of the reasons is also to reminiscence his one and only wife.

"Where do you want to go after this?" he asked while looking at her who dazed off, looking at the sky.

". . . Hm. . . let's just stay like this and talk." she replied softly as she turned her head towards him. "Father, what is your magic speciality?" she asked curiously since she never knew what kind of magic her father has.

". . . I have instant regeneration and can kill my opponent in one go."

". . . Are you immortal!?"

". . . You can say that I am." he replied blankly making Viola's eyes widened in surprise.

"What else can father do?"

". . . I can see soul."

"Soul?" Viola asked, confused as she tilt her head to the side as Damon nodded.

"Can you see my soul?" Viola asked as she pointed at herself.

"Every Univers family members can see soul by the time they turned 17, it's one of the blessings that Univers got."

Viola's eyes widened in surprise by the information she just hear. It's really is unfamiliar to her ear because no one ever told her in her first life. Even when she turned 17 before, she can't see soul.

"How can you see it? What is the shape of soul?"

". . . It's like a floating light with their own colour that matched their magic speciality. Every soul is different."

"What about my soul?"

". . . It's normal and I'm really familiar with it."

Viola smiled warmly by the answer of her father. "When I turned 17, I want to see father's soul first."

Damon just form a small smile.

"Also father, do you know about magic guardian? Or spirits?" Viola asked curiously, trying to ask questions she asked to Licht.

". . . I know about it."

"Really!?"

"Most guardian magic are born from their own last wish for someone they love or what we humans called a strong bond."

"Wow. . . It's really wonderful."

"It can be a blessing or curse."

Viola's eyes widened in surprise.

"Right guidance can be your light, wrong guidance can crush you. There are two kinds of guardian spirit, the blessed spirit and the cursed spirit."

". . . cursed spirit?"

"They are born from a desperate, wretched wishes but at the same time, they wished for something good."

". . . T-that's. . ."

"Having a guardian spirit is really dangerous. Even if they were a blessed spirit, they can switch side to the devil just for their selfish wish. When the magic user reached its peak of mana, it's either they will turn in a form of angel or demon."