9

THIRD POV

"Welcome to our humble temple, Lady Univers." the priest who look like in his 50 greeted Viola politely with a polite bow. He look nice and gentle like most priest look.

Viola cross her legs and ankles while standing, then bend her knees slightly. Lift the fabric of her dress out to her sides that has the colour of white that matches the wall of the temple.

"Greetings, it's a pleasure to be your acquaintance." she greeted him back as polite as she can.

"Come."

She followed his footsteps as she walked inside the hall where everything is painted white, with the statue, the presence of God stand in the middle.

It looked high and strong. The presence it gives is more worth than any nobles. It's a luxurious but at the same time, a simple statue.

"Please say your prayers. I will be waiting outside." the priest informed softly as she turned her head towards him and smiled as she nodded.

He bowed politely as he turned around and exit the sacred hall.

She take a deep breath as she walk towards the statue. She get on her knees as she put the two of her hands together in a praying position.

She close her eyes, letting the darkness took over for a moment.

"Dear God who art in heaven, I, Viola Univers, asking you in hope for answers that I'm seeking." taking a deep breath, she dared herself to ask the question in his presence."Why did you gave me a second chance of life?"

Before she could hear answers or scene the God will show her as an answer, a familiar hand grab her hand roughly as she shot her eyes open to be greeted by the familiar emerald electric eyes.

"L-Licht!?" she shouted, surprised as she notice her surroundings became white blank like it used to whenever she talk to Licht. "Licht, what are you doing summoning me like this in the wrong time?" she asked, irritated but her voice came out soft as it used to be.

He frown at her as his eyebrow twitch and he click his tongue. "What are you doing there!?" he suddenly shouted, making her eyes widened in surprised.

In this past 6 years, Viola grew fond of him and his anger issues, but this time, he looked really pissed and angry.

". . . I was praying." she answered calmly while looking at him in the eyes.

"Do you think God will answer you that easily!?"

". . .Why are you so angry about?" she tried to look pissed as well and shouted at him but she can't, everything she said comes out soft and she can't really form a mad or pissed expression because she just can't.

"If you wanted to ask something, just ask me." he exclaimed with a dark expression that she never used to. It's the first time she's seen him like that, he seems really angry and sad.

He turned around angrily as he crossed his arms.

She just stood there, looking at him confused, still not getting why did he got that mad.

". . . I just wanted to know why God gave me a second life."

Silence.

Her gaze directed downwards as she reasoned him, feeling uncomfortable by this unfamiliar atmosphere.

"It's just because you are blessed. That's all." his rough voice left his mouth harshly as he scratch the back of his head.

She raised her brow in confusion as she sigh in defeat since she can't really win on arguing about something with Licht nor the rest of her family.