30

THIRD POV

"Viola."

"Violette."

"Vio."

"Viola."

"Vio."

Her eyes turned darker and darker while looking at the bright red sky, remembering every memories God gave her in the last moments.

Screams broke out. The knights rushed forward, shouting orders. Swords clashed. More shouting. More screaming. More running. The attack was fierce, efficient and deadly.

Yet,

It's peaceful for her.

Her life with Licht,

Her life as Violette,

Her memories with Gaul and Glenn,

Her life with her own family.

"Viola!" a familiar voice scream in panic but she couldn't see well. Her vision is blurry and she felt weak.

The rain comes, oblivious to the life it gives. It washes the world, quenching soil and the life whom depend upon it.

However, it was not a normal rain.

It's multiple drops of blood that coming from the sky.

In either warmth or coldness, sunlight or moonlight, rain or blood comes, humble to its role.

". . . Father?" Viola exclaimed weakly inside her thoughts as she can feel the liquid running down on her cheek and her while body from the sky.

Tears begins to stream down her face the moment she realise what is the meaning of the rain of blood.

-

Damon lay on the ground as blood running down his eyes and mouth. He was too weak to wield his sword.

He slowly turned his head towards the side to find Aaron's dead body and weakly chuckle.

But when the Emperor rise, Damon's eyes went wide.

"H-how. . ."

The Emperor walk slowly towards Damon who is lying weakly on the floor as he noticed the rain that turns red as blood.

". . . It's raining blood. This blood. . . It comes from the people that you killed." the Emperor exclaimed dangerously while looking down at Damon.

". . . Then. . . am I going to die?" Damon asked, practically to no one as he slowly raise his hand to be step by the Emperor.

Damon slowly close his eyes as he open it again to be greeted by a blank void once again.

"Damon, you're going to die." Adelina exclaimed bluntly as she squat down to look at him, laying weakly on the ground. "And you're going to die very soon. Well, it's not my fault that you asked me to used that power."

Damon stayed silent while looking at what lies above him. "Adelina. . . why did you became my blessed spirit?" he asked out of nowhere as Adelina raised her brow and sighed deeply.

"I think I already told you that I don't remember anything aside being your spirit guardian."

With the remaining time Damon has, he form a gentle smile and slowly turned his head toward Adelina who is looking at him while resting her chin on her hand.

". . . Adelina. . ."

"Hm?"

". . . I love you."

"W-what are-"

"Let's meet again. . . sometimes."

His lips curved into a genuine smile while looking at Adelina who is looking at him with wide eyes.

"Yeah. . ." Adelina slowly nodded while looking at Damon who barely has no time left.

-

Glenn run as fast as he can, forgetting all the pain he felt.

His eyes widened in surprise as he exit the hall to be greeted by Astor and Caden that is laying on the ground, unconscious.

He didn't even know if they're actually alive or just merely unconscious as he slowly walked towards Caden to notice that he lost his right eye.

"S-Sir Albrecht. . ." he stammered while looking at the bloody Caden who is trying to breath calmly.

He slowly turned his head towards Astor which was hit by a large stone at his feet, rendering him unable to move.

Seeing them both send shiver down his spine but he immediately shake the thoughts off and starts to run towards Viola.

He keeps to run and run until a clearer view of Viola comes to sight.

His eyes widened while looking at the tragic scene that unfold infront of him. His hands trembled and his leg feels heavy everytime he take a step to reach the girl who he loves with all his heart that is on the embrace of her second brother.

When he stepped into the scene, Valerian lift his head to be greeted by Glenn's sapphire eyes.

Glenn's eyes widened, terrified as he look at Viola's chest that is filled with blood and her lifeless emerald eyes that is still opened making his heart clench.

He slowly squat down as he held out his hands towards Valerian, with tears streaming down Valerian's eyes he handed the pale Viola softly on Glenn's embrace.

When her cold skin touch his warm skin, tears form on his eyes as he lower down his face and touch his forehead to hers.

". . . Vio. . ."

He grit his teeth angrily and lift his head to look at her hopeless expression and eyes that held no light.

". . . bastard. . ."

He angrily exclaimed with bulging eyes and gaze at the necklace that he once gave it to Gaul.

He raise his hand to take it back from Viola as he lay Viola softly on the bloody ground.

He put again the necklace that was once belongs to Gaul before he died. 

". . . I'm going to end this meaningless battle."

His nail turns longer and sharper as his pupil turned black with red sclera.

"I'm going to the Emperor. Please stay here." Glenn exclaimed with a low tone of voice as he turned his head and walk towards where the Emperor earlier.

"What in the world did we fight for it to end this tragically?" Glenn chuckled to himself. "The world doesn't have to be so tragic."