28

THIRD POV

"Viola, Stop!" Licht immediately appeared before Viola who is the current Holy One that is controlling the Imperial Knights without any mercy.

". . . Shut up, Licht. Go back to the Univers girl." she exclaimed coldly while looking at his emerald eyes that is the same as hers.

". . . Why are you always like this?"

"Because I'm your first magic user." she exclaimed without a care and immediately kill the knights who was controlled before.

"You never changed. . . from the day I met you." Licht exclaimed disappointingly while looking at her as his eyebrow twitch. "Viola, stop this at once." he demanded but Viola couldn't care less.

". . . VIOLA LUCRE'ZECHA!" he shouted her full name angrily making her flinch slightly.

She turned her head towards him. "Shut up, Licht!"

"You are going to kill them all! Do you want that!? What would Viola think if you keep killing people using her body! And you're already dead! Please stop this!"

". . . This, that, you, me, her! Why are you so bashful!? Do you know what I felt since you became my magic guardian after what you've done to me when you're still human!?"

Licht's eyes widened in surprise at the mention of his former self.

In the past, 1000 years ago, Viola never said anything about him but it's clear that she hates him even though he didn't know the reason even after the new Viola was born.

". . . What did I-"

"You betray me." she exclaimed, didn't bother to look at him as she gaze downwards, at the humans.

Licht's eyes went wide.

"W-wha- I-!"

". . . You were my brother."

Once again, the emerald eyes that belongs to Licht widened as if he heard the most absurd thing.

Tears starts to stream down on Viola's eyes as she grit her teeth angrily.

When her emerald eyes met Licht's emerald eyes, Licht eyes widened in realisation as if that one look bring many memories inside his head.

"Ah. . ."

As if the God himself listened to their conversation, God granted Licht his original memories when he was a human.

A small house.

Family of four.

A father, mother, son, and daughter.

Licht never forget the day he sacrificed his own sister into the temple to be the Holy One.

It was originally him that was chosen for the first time.

But Licht didn't want that and saw her sister as the perfect replacement for him.

He's the worst human being.