03

Jeonghan's Plan

━━━━━━━━━━ • ━━━━━━━━━━

This is the second day of school and  Jeonghan probably mastered the art of growing hatred for Seungcheol as hours go by.

Seungcheol got praises everywhere he strives. Praises for his looks, his skills, his talent. He was smart and perfect overall. He got compliments on the subjects Jeonghan was best at. He had all eyes on him every room he steps in.

Jeonghan was beyond mad for all the attention Seungcheol was getting and the attention the latter seemed to be enjoying a little too much.

How he grins when a person confesses from time to time. How he pats their hair and kindly deny them. How he walks in the hallways like a highly paid model with red rugs on both his feet and cameras were flashing where he steps.

How he'd chuckle as he opened the locker full of love letters from people who used to like Jeonghan before.

The cycle repeated for a week and all Jeonghan wanted to do was to slap that smug look on Seungcheol whenever he looks at him.

Jeonghan never let his irritation slip though. He talks with Seungcheol and interacts with him and his friends like he doesn't plan to punch him in the face when he has the chance.

This morning however, Jeonghan was at his locker, expecting to open the door with lots of love letters scattered all over. But no.

Only three was caught in sight. What made him even more furious? Seungcheol's locker was beside his and as they've had a short conversation regarding that soccer audition, Seungcheol opened his locker and it was overflowing with letters.

"Oh wow." Seungcheol chuckled a little, hand full of bunch of designed colored papers and a few falling down the floor which he picked up gently.

Jeonghan just stared at him, countable three letters in one hand as the other clutches in irritation.

Seungcheol looked at his side and saw Jeonghan staring blankly, naive of the jealousy churning in Jeonghan's stomach, he commented, "So this is what it feels like to have lots of letters."

That was supposed to be an innocent, light comment in a joking manner, but Seungcheol didn't expect Jeonghan to slam his locker door shut and leave him dumfounded on his place.

Jeonghan left, furious, negativity clouding his mind as he thought — 'So Seungcheol is bragging now, huh?'

The blood stained Jeonghan's hand like how his irritation blinded his eyes as to seeing Seungcheol as a potential friend.

He didn't knew what hurt more. The jealousy or the paper cut that slipped through his skin.

Since then the two had talked less. Seungcheol approached Jeonghan less in confusion and in hopes that he'd soon open up more.

And Jeonghan, well, just cause he hates him, and every now and then he chants to himself that Seungcheol was cocky and he was hiding something suspicious behind that pretty smile of his.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It's the last subject and Jeonghan ran out his class when he heard the bell rang. He sat on the garden to wait for his friends.

"Hey, what's with that long face?" Seungkwan asked as soon as their bags landed on the table to accompany Jeonghan.

"Seungkwan, you know my face shape has always been long." Seokmin answered, "I'm not talking to you, idiot" seungkwan rolled his eyes and looked at Jeonghan with a worried expression.

"Nothing. Just. Uhm... someone ruined my mood." He whispered, face diving in between his arms on the table. "Seungcheol is that someone." straight forwardly, he answered, really the opposite of his sexuality—

"Why would someone hate him? He's showing sports skills during P.E, he's a smart student, he's charming and catches all attention!"

"Exactly. He catches all attention."

"What do you mean?"

"Just. Just help me find a way to get rid of him." I mumbled. Wonwoo then started walking towards us, late as always.

"Guys! What did I miss? Sorry I'm late! I was talking to the teachers regarding the soccer try outs tomorrow, they said they'll be leaving you along with your teammates in charge."

Jeonghan swore he heard a ding on his head and his ears perked. He lifted his head so quickly and the frown vanished into a smile. A mischievous smile. Forgetting the stinging pain from his paper cut.

"That's it! The try outs! Good idea, I am the team captain! I am allowed to make him do whatever I want!"

Jeonghan said enthusiastically and he ignored how Seungkwan and Seokmin looked at each other worriedly. While wonwoo who was late is confused.

"Wonwoo, you asked a while ago what did you missed? Well, jeonghan concludes he hates Seungcheol now." Seungkwan spoke.

"Yeah, and being able to judge him on try outs is kind of..." Dk said, not continuing the sentence because he can't pick the right words, words to pinpoint Jeonghan's immaturity and stupidity that will not be as offensive to sound.

"Jeonghan, I don't like where this is heading..."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I'm starting to feel like this story is boring still trying though HHAHSHAS

Don't forget to stream 24H! ♡