07

Bring it On

━━━━━━━━━━ • ━━━━━━━━━━

2 days passed by like a breeze, nothing else happened, except the fact that I and Jeonghan are clearly not going along very well, we'd always find a way to bicker in between free time of classes.

Still don't get the reason why he hated me, but as long as he does, my pride will never back down.

I just arrived at the school and I entered the hallway, I was greeted by a crowd, swarming around the bulletin board where teachers and students usually post announcements.

Thinking what could be up, as mostly boys were on the crowd, I tried to rethink what was up, that way I remember, that today is the day Jeonghan and his team picked out people who passed from the tryouts.

The crowd was getting lesser, some leaving with disappointed faces, some with huge smiles. I patiently stood there, watching the swarm of people become lesser and lesser, until i approached the source of the commotion to read it myself.

List of people who passed on the soccer try outs. Congratulations! Welcome to the team!

The title read, as numerous names were written, I placed my pointer finger on it, to help me scan for my name, then crouched down a bit to read carefully.

I'm a varsity back then, it's impossible for me not to pass, right?

"Kim Taehyung... Jackson..." I muttered, reading the names, but I still haven't found mine and the paper is coming to its end. And it did.

"What?" I whispered to myself, as I found no Choi Seungcheol written on the list, brows furrowed like the piece of paper did me wrong all my life.

This can't be! I then stood up straight, and tried looking for papers at the back, but none. There was no extra papers, there were no signs of my name written.

The only thing I can do was sigh. Soccer is my passion, it relieves stress, so not passing, not being part of the team slaps a huge disappointment on my face.

"Someone looks so down."

I looked over, and didn't realize a blonde man was standing next to me, staring nonchalantly at the bulletin board.

"Looks like former varsity player, oh great Choi Seungcheol didn't pass." he teased some more, knowing exactly how he was the one who picked out the students.

I rolled my eyes, wanting to walk away, wanting to control my anger and not drag the smaller man away from this school, or this planet.

I simply turned my back around to exit the before I cause a scene, "Aw, don't be sad, there's still next time. Oh wait! There is no next time! Silly me." He chuckled and it made me halt on my steps and look back at him.

"What are you looking at? Carry on, don't cry that you didn't pass okay?" He said and something in me snapped. My ears rung and turned red, I have had enough of it.

With no warnings, I sped walked towards him, his eyes widening in shock. This is the reaction I love the most that I get from him; the fear for his dear life flashing through his eyes after pushing me to my limit.

"You're really driving me mad, huh? Come talk with me." I said, grabbing his thin wrist, dragging him fastly towards, nowhere, just anywhere private.

Had my mind bee more focused and not filled with anger, I would have dragged him somewhere more decent than the the bathroom.

But here's where we have arrived, no more time for making other choices as I closed the door shut and pinned him against it, my hands on each side of his face almost immediately.

"S-seungcheol... Let me go." The man in front of me whispered breathlessly.

"Here we go again Jeonghan... Acting so nervous in front of me? I thought you hated me–"

"I told you I hated you! Now let me go!" Instead of doing what he asks for, I did the otherwise.

Leaning closer, until he feels lack of air, until his heart explode from his chest, until our face will be dangerously close.

But he won't allow any of out facial feature touching, so he turned his head on the other side.

With his smaller frame and the way he was squished on between closed door and my body, he was no match compared to me, he can push my chest all he wants, but I will never budge, not until he tells me why he tells me why he declares he plants so much hatred in me.

Instead of allowing more pushes and punches on my chest, I held both his wrist with my hands, and pinned it on top of him.

He was sweating so bad, his eyes was tightly shut, his teeth were clenching as he breathed raggedly, his long blonde locks sticking on his forehead.

With one hand, holding both his wrist, and one hand traveling to grab a hold of his necktie, not in a rough or choking way, but in a somehow threatening way.

"Why do you hate me so much Jeonghan. Hm?" I asked, but it looked like he was too nervous to answer, I felt his body shiver when I  started talking.

Was it my deep voice? Or my warm breath hitting his neck?

"I-I don't know! J-just let me go!"
He kept stuttering, me glancing down, as I watched his legs shook, knees close together, almost as if it was supporting each other.

I scoffed at the sight of him looking so weak, a blushing mess, panting so hard. This are the consequences of making my blood boil and he can't even face me.

"Why do you challenge me all the time Jeonghan? And yet when I challenge you back you become so vulnerable. Why is that?" I asked, and no answer again.

"Fine. If you want to keep hating me, continue, if you keep challenging me, continue,"

"If you want to be enemies... Bring it on." I said, letting go of his shaking hands, and his necktie.

He instantly fell on the ground so I stepped back, watching him catch his breath, clenching his chest.

When he regained his strength, he stood up until he tidied his uniform a little, and blasted out the bathroom, speed walking away from me as soon as possible.

Did guilt started filling up my chest? Probably.

Did I went too far? Maybe.

I'm sorry...