grow up

Anthony x Griffin
(edited)

It was the summer of 1984 and Anthony and his parents were at the villa with their house guest Griffin. He was a literal Greek god but he wasn't here for long.

that's what made their love so incredible they had so much to do in such little time, but it wasn't before long they had slept together but then they became strangers but regretted nothing they had said or done with one another.

Their type of love was different and regardless of age they were a match made in heaven, but it wasn't so easy for them.

It was love at first sight but the older boy had so much he was lying about. Did he care? No, Does he regret anything? No, and that's what was so special about their love. All the time they spent on the balcony with late-night talks to the notes assed throughout the days.

The words " Grow up, I'll see you at midnight" still stuck in the young boy's brain thinking in front of the fire just hearing the love of his life was getting married.

He was filled with anger and sorrow but just silently crying not wanting his eyes to shut. But all he could think about was the summer where he had all his first with a guy.

First love, first lost, all his first taken by a man he wouldn't see for a long time. Maybe never again, unless the call of "how are you" came every 6 months.

It was a beautiful love story it truly was but it seemed to be stuck in this boy's brain for years on end.

Until one day when he's back at the villa with his own child and Husband seeing the man who had his heart and then broke it and the blonde that was next to him and their 3 kids.

He was shocked but happy for his ex-lover to find love but also sad that it wasn't him they talked like nothing had happened but deep down they know everything about each other but it had been so long it seemed like they were strangers.

Strangers with a deep love for each other that no one knew about. And it still made their love one of a kind.

They knew that they wanted each other but couldn't both being married. They showed their lovers all around the places they went to the many summers ago and it was a real burden wanting someone you couldn't have.

Those words " Grow up ill see you at midnight" still stuck in Anthony's head thinking about how he didn't show up when he said he would. How he went to bed crying over that.

Every time he looked in his eyes all the memories came back wishing they would have kept going but didn't, and to the day they still had no regrets for what happened.

Love is all that could come to mind, Love for a man who was married. Why had he lied to him about not being with someone when he had summer flings but it wasn't his place to judge something his father always taught him.

His father oh how he missed him, his father loved Griffin and had also found out he and Anthony had a fling over the summer not caring what happened as long as his son was happy.

Happiness is something Anthony hadn't felt in forever and was one of the many feelings he felt when he saw Griffin again.

He couldn't be mad at him for moving on when he had moved on too. It just felt wrong knowing what he was actually like and who he actually loved. His father always told him to not judge others for their decisions.

Oh, how he wished everything was different. How he wished he couldn't see with his eyes.

Wanting to be back in that day where everything was fine when he didn't have to pretend he was fine. The nights spent crying the countless days he asked himself if he wasn't good enough when he wasn't the problem it was him but not wanting to blame him he put it all on himself so he wouldn't feel bad but still did.

That one phone call sent him crying and wishing he was better, and it's not that Griffin wanted everything back too.

he knew deep down he loved that boy that was now a man with his own husband and their son Olie.

He didn't want to hurt anyone, but he was secretly hurting himself on the inside.

How could he love this young man but be married to a woman he was as confused as he was that summer. Still regretted nothing he knew he loved that boy and he knew that he was broke when he dropped the news that he was getting married. It hurt him to see Anthony pretend to be happy.

Oh, how he wished he was back in the summer traveling with him, listening to him play any instrument he picked up, the bike rides.

How he wished he had shown up at midnight and not left him there. That was the one thing he regretted but it had to be done.

As they got the final glances at each other before they left not knowing how long it would be before they saw each other again.

It had just been a few weeks since Griffin had gotten a letter saying, "Meet me at midnight and this time actually shows up, I'm waiting at the spot where it all happened".

As he read that he knew what had to be done so as he did he went to Italy only it wasn't 1984 it was 1995 and much different than when they had seen each other last year. Griffin knew it was the only way to make peace with himself

A/n

so I took Call me by your name and the squeal Find me and put a twist on it. And I came up with this. This was also written at 3 am while listing to sad music.

But how was it?

Also, drop some ships cause I have a cool idea that I want to do.

Bye Hoes