part 9. reunion

After hugging for a minute or two Sirzechs was the first to let go.

Sirzechs: Issei where have you been for the past few months?

Akeno: we looked everywhere for you.

Issei completely ignored Akeno and responded to Sirzechs.

Issei: I guess I owe you an explanation. I simply had enough of my life and wanted to be free, I removed my pieces and went deep into the forest, from there I asked Ddraig to change my body from human to a dragon.

Sirzechs: I can sense a dragons aura but you look completely human.

Issei: oh wait.

Issei dispelled his magic and his eyes changed from brown to green dragon like eyes, his horns, claws, tail and elbow spikes but no flames were released.

Everyone: what

Issei: I wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for Ddraig.

Issei summoned his sacred gear on his arm.

Ddraig: greetings everyone. I am the Welsh dragon Ddraig.

Sirzechs and the others greeted Ddraig and thanked him for saving Issei. He, Sirzechs and Grayfia all had drinks together and caught up like old friends while Rias and the others just sat there in silence. They all just stared at Issei and thought about how he was actually laughing with Sirzechs, he never laughed with any of his team mates or even smiled. The fact that Issei would rather die than spend another minute with them cut right through their very souls.

Sirzechs: Issei I'm really glad that you're alright but there's one thing I want to know.

Issei: it's about whom I will join right?

Sirzechs: yeah..

Issei: I've thought about it and I won't join anyone.

Everyone was saddened by his response.

Issei: but I'll be your ally since you and Grayfia have been kind to me. However there's one condition.

Grayfia: which is?

Issei: I'll help you and Sirzechs only. No one else. I won't join your spoiled sister's peerage ever again.

Rias and others dreaded those words. Sirzechs and Grayfia noticed that even now they are hurting inside so decided to change the topic.

Sirzechs: so I heard you broke the arms of two guys here. What was that about?

Issei: payback. They made me look like a pervert and made my school life hell all while pretending to be friends. Just because I was weak, I became a target but now everyone here knows the truth. They recorded it and I might ask one of them to share the video with me, their screams and bones breaking is music to my ears.

A chill went up everyone's spine.

Grayfia: why didn't you go to Sona for help?

Issei: honestly I don't know. All that crap was part of my everyday life so I guess it wasn't worth it.

Grayfia: I wish you did tell her. She could have helped. We could have.

Issei: it doesn't matter now. I handled it and I cleared my name and it was very satisfying.

Issei had a mad grin that made everyone a bit nervous.

Issei: now that I think about it, I've been gone for months after the start of my 3rd year and I have a lot to catch up on.

Sirzechs: should we tell him?

Grayfia: I'll do it.

Issei: tell me what?