part 26. red vs yellow

The first match of team Rias vs Riser was not far off, the team members were on their way to the waiting room.

Rias: guys wait.

They stop and look at her.

Rias: I was thinking about our team name, instead of team Gremory how about team red?

Issei: how come?

Rias: because the Gremories aren't the only one associated with the colour red since you made your debut as the red dragon emperor, you're a symbol so it's only right that you and this whole team should get to be a part of it.

Everyone smiles at her modesty.

Akeno: I like that idea.

Issei: if that's what you want then so be it Rias.

Issei knows that what Rias said was only half the reason, he calls her red every now and then but not as frequently as she would like so this way she gets to be called that again and again. She's still wants to be as close to him as possible even if it's indirect. They waited for the announcement that finally came. It was Azazel.

Azazel: ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 1st rating game since the end of the great war. So without any further delay, we will begin the first match. It's team Rias vs team Riser. Each team will have 5 minutes to come up with a strategy. Begin.

Rias: so anyone got any ideas? I want to hear your opinions.

Kuroka: I'll take on the bishops.

Akeno: her queen is mine to fight. This time I'm ready for her.

Issei: so basically it'll be like before....

Everyone: yeah....

Issei: but this time they won't hold back.

Kiba: but neither will we.

Shirone: this time I'll use my sage magic if needed.

Kuroka: save it for the Bael team. I fear we will need it there.

Shirone: fine.

Issei: leave Riser to me, I know that he trained since we last fought and he wants a rematch.

Kuroka: I wouldn't mind having a crack at him.

Issei: you would fuck him up but I can tell from the look in his eyes that he wants me since I broke his ego.

Rias: that was badass.

Bikou: time's up guys.

Azazel: all teams prepare to battle. 3 2 1 fight.

Riser made the first move. He came in head first straight towards Issei.

Riser: I'm glad you're back red dragon emperor. I wanted a rematch for almost a whole year now.

Issei: I can you mean business this time, no holding back?

Riser: I'm not making that mistake again. Haha

Issei: you sure have changed Riser

Riser: as have you Issei in more ways than one. You're hiding your power level.

Issei: when you reach a certain level it becomes hard to do so.

Rias: guys the match has started.

Riser: sorry Rias, my bad. Now then shall we?

Issei: sure. Guys you know the plan. Don't hold back.

Everyone: right.

Arthur and Kiba go full speed towards Riser's knights and the sound of clashing steel can be heard.