part 25. sparring match.

One week till the rating game, so far team Riser, Team Sona, team Bael and team Rias were participating.

Team Rias members.

Rias as king.
Akeno as queen.
Bikou and Shirone as rooks.
Kiba and Arthur as knights.
Asia and Kuroka as bishops.
Issei as the only pawn.

Rias: I can't begin to tell you how much this means to me. Thank you all.

Arthur: but there are two problems, 1 humans can't enter unless they are rare exceptions and 2 if we become devils then we can't use our swords.

Issei: then join my peerage, I'm not a devil. Irina and Xenovia want in.

Irina and Xenovia: yup

Arthur: then I'll be a pawn.

Cao Cao: same here.

Vali: I'm staying as I am and so is Ophis.

Bikou: I'm good as rook.

La Fey: Bishop please.

Issei: as you all wish.

Issei took out his pieces and picked them up. A Bishop piece merged with La Fey, a rook piece merged with Bikou, 2 knight pieces merged with Irina and Xenovia, 4 pawn pieces merged with Arthur and the other 4 with Cao Cao. All of them now had wings like Issei's but no other physical changes but their abilities boosted in correspondence with their pieces. All of them had 3 sets of wings.

Ophis: nice.

Bikou: I don't feel any different.

Issei: throw a punch towards me.

Bikou: what why?

Issei: just do it.

Bikou: if you say so.

Bikou throws a punch and Issei catches it but the force released a shockwave that pushed la Fey on to the couch while everyone else covered their faces.

Issei: and that wasn't even your full strength, you held back.

Bikou: damn.

Irina: wow.

Issei: Irina and Xenovia, since you're both knights your speed has increased 10 times your usual limit so learn to control and use it. La Fey since you're a bishop your magical powers have increased to almost Kuroka's level. Arthur and Cao Cao, being pawns makes you both dangerous since you two can promote to any piece except king.

Kuroka: I think everyone picked the perfect piece for themselves.

Vali: I agree. Arthur and Cao Cao can do more than just wield weapons, both are excellent fighters and can use magic, their weapons are just their primary choices.

Issei: my team is almost complete, just one Bishop and rook remain. I also found out who we will be fighting, our match is up first against Riser and it's Sona Sitri vs Sairorg Bael......she's screwed.

Kuroka: Issei that's rude......but true.

Vali: so about this Riser guy, is he strong?

Issei: Vali......I beat him using my balance breaker without boosting and same with Kokabiel so compared to us, no he's not.

Vali: you didn't boost your power? Not bad.

Issei: Although I haven't used my balance breaker since I best Kokabiel.

Ddraig: Issei, you had no choice back then due to the heart transplant but now that your new heart is stronger than ever you can go all out.

Kuroka: then let's see if your balance breaker went through any changes.