part 30. the plan and the threat.

Issei and Kuroka are now officially mates, the fallen dragon king now has a partner that will be very reason for living. Kuroka woke up the next morning feeling happier than ever, she remembered becoming Issei's mate and saw 3 things that proved it. Her mark, her necklace which was still glowing and Issei himself who was smiling in his sleep. Kuroka looked at the time and saw that it was past 10am, she was too happy to care and just snuggles next to Issei. Even in his sleep he knew that it was her and he embraced her. Her peace was later disrupted when la Fey knocked on the door.

Kuroka: hey what's up?

La Fey: breakfast is ready. You guys coming?

Kuroka looks at the still sleeping Issei.

Kuroka: nah I'll think I'll stay here a bit longer. I'm happy here.

La Fey can see that she really means it. She's happy and her bright joyful calm aura us proof of it.

La Fey: alright then I'll tell the others.

Kuroka: thanks la Fey.

La Fey leave and Kuroka lays back in bed, she touched the cat mark on Issei's chest and saw his memories, she saw the recent ones of the necklace being made.

(Flash back)

Issei: so this gorgeous light can only be seen by those I love huh?

Azazel: yeah even I can see it a little bit. You must really care for me hahaha

Issei: well we are drinking buddies after all. Haha

Azazel: your girl will love it.

Issei: I hope so.

Azazel: but only one thing worries me.

Issei: I know what you're going to say. What if my former team members can't see the light and they figure out what it means?

Azazel: exactly. It'll hurt them.

Issei: I may have forgiven them but loving them is another story. Shirone will definitely be able to see it since I see her as my little sister now but the others..... especially her.

Azazel: a part of them should expect this much. They may have changed for the better and do right by you but 5 years of hell will definitely have a lot of pent of anger.

Issei: but I let it out. I held nothing back.

Azazel: but still the memories linger like phantom pain.

Issei: it reduced after I forgave them but it's all still there.

Azazel: and nothing can be done about it, what's done is done. You have friends now, a girlfriend who might even become the mother of your children one day.

Issei: having kids with her would be the truly best thing to ever happen but I don't deserve that honor, just being in love with someone like her her and her loving me is just.....  I can't even describe it.

Azazel: you don't have to. You took a piece of your horrible last and made into something one of a kind and all for her. That my boy is pure love and now that I think about it, you shouldn't give a shit whether or not the others see it. If they do then they know they are loved and Kuroka will always be number one, if the others don't see it then they know where they stand and why.

Issei: that's actually good advice. It helped a lot. Thanks Azazel.

Azazel: now go give your girl her present.

(End of dream)

Kuroka holds her necklace and it glowed so brightly the instant she touched it, the bright light caused Issei to wake up to some extent.