part 13. red dragon and black cat.

(flash back)

the day after left, Issei had started turning into a dragon slowly. His horns, elbow spikes and tail were slowly forming. His body was being transformed on a cellular level and no one said that it will be quick and painless. Issei was still emotional after everything that happened yesterday with Rias and the others and the physical pain was just making it worse, Issei was at the emotional threshold and decided to take a walk and eventually recognized a place that brought back painful memories. Issei ended up at the same place where the fallen angel Raynare killed him. To end up back where he started, from one hell to the next.

Issei: why? WHY ME? WHAT DID I DO TO SUFFER SO MUCH?!!!

Issei's power flared and Issei went berserk, he started to fire energy projectiles and ripped part the forest floor. Issei roared from pain and anger and his horns, tail and spikes grew quickly because the dragon's power flows through their rage.

Ddraig: Issei I understand your frustrations but you have to calm down before you fully transform into a raging dragon. It'll attract their attention.

Issei can't hear Ddraig at all and continued to destroy the forest, he created a massive fire ball and made a huge crater in the ground. Issei roared again with tears running down his face as he was still in all manners of pain. Issei eventually calmed down and just sat on the crater's edge. His mind was in disarray then suddenly felt calm, it was honestly a new experience for him. Only then did he register the sensation of two slim hands holding him from behind, one on his head and one on his chest, he expected his chest pain to flare up but it didn't happen.

Woman: don't move. I'm trying help.

Issei: why help me?

Woman: you're in pain. Let me help

Issei was conflicted, why would a random woman help him and what are her intentions? Should he let her? She did just calm him down and it felt good, he hasn't felt like that in years. If she wanted to hurt them then she would have done so already and he could defend himself if she tried anything. After deliberating Issei decides to give her a chance.

Issei: thank you miss...

Woman: Kuroka. My name is Kuroka now don't talk. Your mind is in disarray, your ki is unstable and your heart is running a marathon. I don't know what you went through to put you in such a dangerous state but I'll try my best to help.

Issei: thank you. I'm Issei.

Issei closed his eyes and Kuroka was using her sage magic to stabilize Issei which was working. Issei felt calm, his mind was clearing, his heart palpitations were becoming normal. After a few minutes, even the pain from the transformation stopped.

Kuroka: you'll be okay now but this was just a temporary fix, you'll need to sort out the cause yourself.

Issei turns around and looks at Kuroka, he notices her kimono, her two black tails and cat ears her golden eyes caught his attention the most. They both stare at each other and Issei snaps himself out of his trance.

Issei: if only it was as easy as it sounds.

Issei gets up and so does Kuroka,

Kuroka: do you want to talk about it?

Issei: no.

Issei goes and sits by a tree. Kuroka goes over to him and sits on his lap.

Issei: what are you doing?

Kuroka: full disclosure, when I saw you I felt something pulling me towards you and it wasn't just your power.

Kuroka was just the right size, she fit perfectly in his lap and cuddled him.
Issei was confused as to why, why would she help him since they just met. Why is she clinging to him and why can't he find the will to push her off?