✿ You become the reason

-it's the REAL UPDATE-
-its rushed so please expect lots of errors/repetitive sentences-

"What did you just say?"

Nia's question feels as though a deadly question that could get your head clamped off if you answer wrong.

But you wouldn't concede. If Nia did it then... She's a traitor. You curled up your hands into a fist before exhaling and inhaling deeply, your (eye color) eyes glared at Nia's own blue eyes.

"It was you... The diary... You did it." The sentences that escaped your lips were cut off everytime. It wasn't that easy. Your mind and heart doesn't know what to do, the thought of Nia being the one who did such thing breaks you. Why-

"Why would I do that, idiot?!"

Nia's frustrated shout cut off your thoughts. She step nearer to you and hold your hands. "Calm down and let's think this through... I wasn't the one to blame. I never did it in the first place. Don't... Don't look at me l-like-"

Your friend's sentence didn't get to finish for the girl started sobbing uncontrollably. Nia let go of your hands and wipe the already existing tears in her eyes.

Nia's crying...?!

You never saw her cry, not even once. Well maybe now you did. Your fists relaxed and so you cup the other's face, trying to see clearly if your eyes are deceiving you.

She's really crying...

Just then, Nia looked away from you and soon, looks back. With tears still flowing down in her face, she said, "It's not me, (Y/n)."

Ahh...

I'm such a bad friend...

Your breath hitched. It really hits you when someone who usually don't cry, cries. You let your forehead touched hers and closed your eyes.

"I'm sorry I suspected you, Adonia," You said, your voice sincere. "Even though I know you're not the type of a person to do that."

Just when the last word escaped your lips, you embraced her in your arms as you pat her back. "I'm really sorry."

"Hm..." You heard Nia hummed. "Do you believe me now?"

"Yeah but then who... who stole it?"

Nia was silenced at your question for she does really not know the answer.

-

The sound of phone ringing is the only thing you could hear in the students' council room. The person inside only let it rings not planning to answer it for any moment soon. The person is none other than Kurapika Kurta, the President of the Students' Council. He is doing nothing in particular and is just sitting in the chair of the room.

The peaceful alone moment he was having was soon interrupted when a certain four-eyes barged in the room which made the blond heaved out a stressed sigh.

"Why the hell are you not answering your phone?! The school's website—" Leorio's shouting was cut off by Kurapika putting a piece of paper over his mouth.

"I already know that," Kurapika stated. "...and I already narrowed down who might have done this."

-