29. Realization

JENNIE'S POV

Everyone looked at me eagerly, well except for Taehyung and the others of course.

Wow, this is so much pressure... Ahem, I can do this.

I looked around the room.

Even Irene's waiting for my response. Ok calm down, Jennie. This will be just like when you told the truth to Taehyung and the others. Gosh, why am I always thinking of Taehyung? I mean, Lalisa and the others.

Well, I mean, why wouldn't be I thinking of Taehyung? He's so cute and hot.. my all time-crush... I mean- stop it, Jennie! Focus! You wanna get back home right? How many days has it been? I honestly don't know.

What if it's been years? Or maybe half a day? Or, a week? I don't know. Oh how I miss Nayeon, she must be worried. Wait! My science test- shit! Noo! So much for studying Jen! Ugh! I'm always-

My thoughts were interrupted when someone held my hand. I looked at the owner and surprise, surprise, it was Taehyung. The queen moved back, and he held my shoulders. "Jen, are you okay?"

His face was so close to my face I just wanna- AH! Omgomg..

I can feel his hot breath fanning my face. But mostly, my lips. My eyes travelled around his majestic face and it landed on his slightly parted lips. Taehyung smirked a little, making me meet his eyes.

I just blushed and looked away.

"Love to break up the couple, but can you just explain what you know?!" Irene walked over to me. "Oh sorry.." She just rolled her eyes and backed away. One thing I know is that Irene loves to roll her eyes.

Taehyung backed away as well, and stood beside me. "So yes.. you all are fairytale characters. Me and Seulgi are not, we're real people..." Everyone stayed quiet. "This whole world we live in right now, isn't real... this is just a story."

I gulped. "And no, your majesties, I'm not a witch, nor can I see the future..." They slowly nodded. "The only reason why I know.. is because I've read this book ever since I was a kid."

I looked at everyone, especially Sana. "I'm sorry..." Looking down, I fidgeted with my fingers. "Why are you apologizing?" The queen asked, gently. "For ruining the story... Princess Sana was supposed to meet Taehyung and fall in love and all that, he wasn't supposed to meet me..."

The young princess took a second look at me and furrowed her eyebrows. "And because of my arrival, I completely turned this story around..." Taehyung held my hand again.

"You didn't turn this story around, Jennie.. You made it better." He smiled. I silently blushed at his statement.

"So then, how will you get back home?" Lalisa suddenly asked. "With this orb..." Seulgi spoke out and grasped her necklace. "Isn't that what you used to heal...?" Princess Sana squinted her eyes.

"Mhm, not only can this heal, it can also teleport to the many worlds my library has." Seulgi fiddled with her necklace. "Me and Jennie needs to get out as soon as the problem is fixed or else, we'll completely change the story..."

I slightly nodded at her words. "What's wrong with that?" Taehyung asked. "If the story's plot is changed dramatically, like if a new 'character' is introduced or something like that.. this whole world can..."

She took a moment. "Collapse..." She stated. Everyone was taken aback by her words, but Seulgi remained neutral. "Then why isn't our world collapsing now?" Rosé exclaimed.

Seulgi sighed. "Because the story isn't really finished yet... Irene needs to fix her mistakes and..." She gasped and covered her mouth. "Woops, spoilers..." I darted my head towards Irene.

She looked... guilty? Maybe she's realizing it right now...

"So, we can't have anyone die or go back to life right now, we already changed so much in the story and if there's more changes... this whole world will, well.. cease to exist..." Seulgi explained.

Namjoon stepped in. "What will happen to us then?!" He panicked. "Cease to exist..." Seulgi nodded sadly. Queen Seungwan held her sister's hands. "Unnie, please... help these girls and change.. I apologize for what you've been through but.."

She wiped a tear. "If you want to keep living, please change... Or this world will collapse..." King Baekhyun, Princess Sana, and Princess Jisoo, approached Irene.

"I know that you want to get revenge on Eomma... I know you want to feel like you won, even just for a minute.. And we'll help you through that." Jisoo smiled warmly.

IRENE'S POV

So it all depends on me, huh? If I don't change right now, I might die. How dramatic. But to be honest, I do want to change. I know it's only been a few weeks since I took over.

But I just feel so stupid. I mean, am I really taking over Enchantasia just for some guy? Plus, it wasn't even my sister's fault, no one knew I liked him.

Seeing him now, there's nothing. My feelings completely vanished. I should just stop this and change. For the sake of Enchantasia and myself too...

As soon as those thoughts crossed my mind, I suddenly felt light. Like something has been taken off my chest. I felt as if I said what I needed to say all these years.

Looking down on my necklace, I smiled. The dark energy, my magic.. it's gone... I feel so relieved! It was as if something drained my dark magic and replaced it with goodness.

I sighed.

"I'm.. sorry everyone..." They all looked up at me. "I was stupid, I mean- I can't believe I took over this world just because of some guy!" I chuckled. "No offense, Baek..." He smiled and nodded.

I looked at Seungwan. Her eyes were glossy and filled with hope. "I apologize for all the pain I caused you, Seungwan..." She hugged me. "All is forgiven, unnie.. I'm just glad you're back!" I hugged her back.

Baekhyun, Sana, and Jisoo hugged me as well. "So is this it?" Queen Seungwan backed away. "This is how it ended?" We all looked at 'Jennie.'

"Well the book had a more dramatic scene..." She thought out loud. "But yeah, this works too..." Jennie shrugged and smiled.

Not so fast...

A voice echoed in the hall. "What was that?" The girl with the bangs shuddered.

I'm tired of seeing these 'happy endings', it's time for something new...

Everyone looked around. Suddenly, a dark, thick smoke surrounded the room. There entered a man, tall, probably the same height as Suho.

The 'Seulgi' girl gasped, and the man smirked. "How are you-" She got cut off.

Missed me?

Baby?

————————————————————-
Wow, what a twist! Anyways, I highly apologize for not being active these past few days, it's just that my fam went on a vacay so I was very busy. Nevertheless, I'm back! And don't worry, this book is still on going!

Don't forget to vote!
👇🏻