2.

Just a face in the newspapers

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Congratulations Wood!"
"Wood! Congrats!"
"Captain!? That's amazing!"
"Proud of ya mate!"
Wood was on top of the world. All Gryffindor's we're proud of him and happy for him. His popularity was growing every day. Some Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and a few Slytherins congratulated him too but the his biggest achievement was when the slytherin Quidditch captain (the old one not the newly appointed one) came up to him and told him that he deserved the position.
"Wood! Professor McGonagall is looking for you" A gryffindor girl told him while he was walking from the great hall to his dorm after dinner.

"Congratulations Mr. Wood, on making captain of the Gryffindor team. I hope you'll do well for you house" Minerva McGonagall smiles at the boy.
"Thank you professor! I won't let you down, I promise" He replied solemnly.
The Transfiguration classroom was almost empty. It was soothing to see a classroom which was usually bustling, so quiet. Oliver looked around to see one girl sitting on the last bench, writing something on a parchment. He assumed she was here for detention since it was after school hours.
McGonagall talked to him about how his power came with great responsibility and things of that sort,"Now I would like to discuss a few things with you about-" the teacher was cut off by the sudden arrival of Flich.
"It's those damn Weasleys again!" He said grumpily.
Minerva told Oliver to sit down and excused herself.

He sat down awkwardly at one of the benches and tapped his foot in waiting.
"Can you stop that? It's annoying" the girl looked up from her parchment and Oliver recognized her immediately. No one could miss her raven hair or blue eyes from anywhere, especially when one saw her in the daily prophet almost everyday,
"Oh. Sorry" He said in a low voice. She scoffed at him before continuing her work.
It was a few seconds later that Oliver started to fidget again. His soft footsteps didn't seem as soft to the girl.
"I'm trying to write lines here!" She said in an annoyed tone.
"Is something wrong!?" He asked, "I haven't made any noise" his voice laced with a Scottish accent.
"No" The girl rolled her eyes before muttering, "bloody quidditch season"
"Did I do something to offend you?" Oliver's eyebrows knit together.
"Yes. You existed. You don't ever shut up about quidditch do you?" She let out an exasperated breath and glared at the boy.
"I love quidditch!" He was very confused at the sudden burst out.
"You're so annoying!" She said, putting her quill down. The raven haired girl walked to the front of the room, put her parchment at Minerva's table and stormed out.
Her presence lingered for a while before the transfiguration teacher hurriedly walked in again.
"Sorry about that. As I was saying.."

Oliver walked back to his dorm to see Percy passed out on the bed and their other dorm mates not in the room.
He looked at the newest edition of the Daily prophet piled up over the old editions on Percy's nightstand and grabbed them reading the headlines.

THE ROSE FAMILY DOES IT AGAIN! MATTHEW ROSE, THE NEWEST MEMBER OF CHUDLEY CANONS! QUIDDITCH RUNS IN THEIR GENES!

He looked down at a picture of the small Rose family. Matthew, Joan, Artemis and Delilah Rose.
The same Raven haired, blue eyed girl staring back at him. Her smile almost felt false and her eyes looked slightly puffy. She didn't look exactly like the girl who glared at him a few minutes ago but she was.