25

You know me but you don't know me

You know me 
but you don't know me

Delilah walked out of her care of magical creatures, Alexander trailing behind her in worry.
"Delilah!" He called our but she only walked faster as heads turned towards her.
"Her mother just died" some girl whispered.
"I heard her dad's a murderer. She's pretty violent herself.." a boy told his friend.
"Delilah! Please!" Alexander raced towards the girl and fell in step with her. "Just tell me what happened between you and Oliver after detention? He's been cooped up in his room! He won't talk to us!" The boy was practically begging her for information.
"Can we not grab anymore attention than I already get? I really don't want to talk about it" Delilah told him, "I have class. Ask Clare"
Walking faster and turning around the corner, Delilah made her way to Potions with dread and guilt filling every inch of her.

"Hello there, Rose!" Marcus Flint stopped in front of her.
"Flint" She acknowledged him with a death glare and clenched jaw. The boy was never nice to any Gryffindor.
"Don't look at me like that, people might think you want to kill me" He sniggered.
"Fuck off" Delilah controlled herself and stepped to the side to walk past him but she was stopped by his other Ravenclaw friend "This is your second last year at Hogwarts. What are your future plans? Azkaban?" She asked.
"Ha ha, you're so funny. Now if you'll excuse me, I have potions class"
"Just add a bit of shadow to your eye and you'll look spectacular in that mug shot" She provoked the girl.
"Stop it and let me go unless you want me to hex you!"
"I guess you want to go to prison-"
"-Finish that sentence and I won't hesitate to go to detention tonight" A part of Delilah hoped it was Oliver but it was really Connor.
"Oh look! Your Hufflebuddy is here for the rescue!"
Delilah gripped her wand and raised it at the the girl, "Just get out of here!" She grumbled. Connor raised his wand at Flint too but none of them shut up.
Delilah really wanted to hex the two but their voices were echoing in her mind. The more violent she got, the worse her reputation at school would get. Did she really care though? Maybe.
On the other side, Connor didn't care about his reputation when it came to protecting his friends. The boy shot spells at Marcus who was thrown back on the floor.
"Let's go Lil!" He grabbed her hand and led her towards the potions classroom.
"Thanks.." was all Delilah managed to say.
"No one messes with my friends"

Alexander made his way to Defense against the dark arts. He didn't have that class but Clarissa did. He spotted the girl walking into the class with Jesse and called both of them out but they didn't hear her.
Class had already started and the two teens had reached right on time.
The boy wasn't sure how to get them out of class and then he saw a glimpse of red hair and smiled to himself.

Clarissa was too busy gawking at Lockhart, like every other girl and some guys, to notice Fred and George Weasley sneak into class. Before she knew it, the room filled up with a horrible stench that could only come from one thing, dungbombs.
Everyone ran out of the class to get some fresh air.
"Clare! Jesse! This way" The two saw Alexander around the corner. They frowned and walked over to The boy who was high fiving the twins.
"Thanks! I owe you two" He smiled and they left.
Turning to his friends, Alexander's happy expression faltered.
"I'm worried about Oliver," He got straight to the point, "I don't understand what exactly happened between him and Delilah. He told me some things but it wasn't clear. He refused to go to Quidditch practice today!"
The three started to walk away from the classroom so they didn't get caught.
"Delilah told me everything. Let me enlighten you both" Clarissa started explaining everything to Jesse and Alexander and if it were possible, Alexander became more and more worried.

"That's completely messed up" Jesse commented and Clarissa nodded.
"I knew Oliver had said some stupid things but Delilah messed up too!" Alexander exclaimed. The two clueless friends looked at him for explanation but he only dashed away from them leaving them in total confusion.

"Oliver! What the fuck! Why didn't you tell me what Delilah had said to you!?" Alexander burst into their dorm. Oliver lay on his bed completely covered in his blanket. The boy didn't even respond to Alexander.
"Oliver!?" Alexander slowly peeled the covers off of him. Oliver resisted at first but then gave up.
Oliver's face was sunken into his pillow which was damp from tears.
In six years of friendship, Alexander had seen Oliver actually cry with tears twice.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked the boy.
"No" a muffled voice came from Oliver.
"She didn't know..."
"I know" Oliver looked up at his friend, his nose completely red and his cheeks tear stained.
"Is that why you didn't tell me?" Alexander already knew the answer was yes but he asked anyways.
"It wasn't her fault" Oliver told him and sat up.
"You know none of it is true right?" Oliver nodded.
"I'm sorry" Oliver's voice croaked.

Alexander had promised Oliver not to confront Delilah about what she had said but some promises had to be broken.
He walked over to Delilah in the common room and asked to talk to her separately. He wasn't mad or anything but he felt that she had to know.
"Not now Alex"
"Now please. This is extremely important" Alexander was completely serious and Delilah was a little worried, so she followed him outside the common room. They made their way down the tower in silence before Alexander sighed and spoke up, "What I'm about to tell you is a very touchy subject and we will not speak of it again"
Delilah was starting to get even more concerned, "what?"
"It's about Oliver," Delilah immediately stopped in her steps, "Walk with me Lil and just listen"
Delilah nodded and fell into step with Alexander again.
"Oliver isn't as tough as he says he is. He's been through hell and not a lot of people know that about him," The two walked into a an empty hallway. It was just before dinner and so everyone was usually in their common rooms, "He was 6 when Althea and Jayme Wood adopted him. He was born to a woman who couldn't take care of him. She was a single mother and didn't exactly care for him. He was four when she first got him a toy broom, the only thing she had ever given him. But it was only a makeup for putting him up for adoption. Mr. and Mrs. Wood aren't any less of his parents and they are a real family," Delilah felt her eyes widen and her jaw drop, ", but he has issues. You weren't wrong when you said he needed approval. He does! Because for the longest time he never got it from his real mother. I don't blame you for any of this because you didn't know, but now that you do, please fix this"

It was the next day and Delilah didn't know how to face Oliver anymore. Her only solution to this problem was to write it down and hope that he would read it.
The girl spent hours writing the perfect apology. She wasn't only apologizing to him because she knew more about him, she was genuinely sorry and she really wanted to fix this and Alex had given her that little push she needed.
After crumpling up the parchment for the eight time, Delilah grained and chucked it across the room. She didn't know how to fix this.

After another fifteen minutes, Delilah had finally managed to write down a good apology. She had decided to give it to either Alexander or Percy who could pass it on to Oliver.
They girl walked out of the library and headed to the frat hall to find Percy or Alexander. She instead found Ron, Harry and Hermione.
"Hey Ron!" She called out and Ron looked in her direction, "Have you seen your brother?"
"Which one?" The other two chuckled beside him.
"Percy"
"I think he was in the Great Hall, I honestly don't know" Ron told her.
"Okay thanks" She started to walk away from the trio when Hermione came after her, "Delilah!"
Delilah whipped around to see the bushy haired girl, "I Remember now, I saw Percy near the courtyard with some girl" Hermione informed.
"Thanks Hermione!" Delilah smiled at her and Hermione started to walk away.
The raven haired girl turned around and her heart skipped at best when she saw bright yellow eyes in front of her. That skipped beat never continued to the next one as everything around Delilah went black.

A/N
Hehe short tchapter today.
Thanks for reading and voting on my book!
I love all of y'all!
<3
Aisla Wrenn