3.

You know nothing about me

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Delilah was more than happy to go home for the summer. She was excited to see her parents and her brother.

Artemis Rose swam through the crowd at 9 3/4 to find his daughter who happily ran towards him and pulled him in a warm embrace.

"How are you, Honey?" He asked her, not letting go yet.
"Never been better, now that school's over" she smiled as her father kissed her forehead before pulling away to pick up her trunk.

"Mum's stuck at work and Matt will be back home from practice around the same time as us" He explained.
The two were about to walk towards the exit of the magical platform when Delilah let out a distressed sound.
"I left my shirt on the train!" Artemis looked at his daughter with confusion layering his face.
"My Chudley Canons shirt! I wanted to wear it when I meet Matt! I'll be right back." The girl pushes back into the crowd and up into the train. There it was, lying on one of the seats, her shirt.

Delilah gingerly walked through the small train corridor as she scanned the shirt for any defect. Her footsteps were interrupted but someone as she fell back to the floor.
"I'm sorry. I wasn't looking" that Scottish accent could be recognized from miles away. Oliver Wood stood there reaching out a hand to the girl. He seemed genuinely content until he recognized Delilah, that's when his face slightly fell.

The raven haired girl shook her head before standing up by herself , "I'm sorry" she muttered not meeting his eyes.
They stood there for a few seconds, hoping one would speak up.
"I'm sorry about the other day. I'm not usually an arse" Delilah said.
Oliver looked up at her and gave her a small smile. "It's quite alright"
"I still hate quidditch though" she smirked with a mischievous glint in her eyes.
"Now you're getting personal" Oliver laughed. "Is that why you're holding a chudley Canons shirt?" He cocked an eyebrow at her.
"Yes of course! I'm planning to burn it!" Oliver's eyes grew wide, the mere thought of it hurt him.
"Well, I have to run! I'll see you around" Delilah winked at the boy before speed walking out of the train and back to the spot her father was at.

Delilah barely got out of her room during the summer other than the occasional family hangouts. She loved to stay inside and sleep for as long as she could, listen to music, play exploding snap with her brother when he was around or drew bad drawings of nothing in particular.
One thing the girl enjoyed a lot were dragons, not because they were cool or breathed fire but because they could fly, they were witty animals and the most soft hearted creatures when they trusted you.

That is what made this summer different.
Joan and Artemis Rose had planned a trip to Sweden for Delilah's 14th birthday and Mathew's entry into a professional quidditch team.