7.

Delilah sat on her bed trying and failing to do her homework for potions

Delilah sat on her bed trying and failing to do her homework for potions. Snape seemed to be feeling extra happy today because he made everyone write the paper twice.

It was after classes and a few hours before dinner and the window suddenly started to tap. Delilah looked up to see her family owl there. She quickly opened the window and let him, take the letter and feeding him a small treat.
The letter was from her father.

Dear Delilah
Your brother is doing much better now, he is still in bed rest but can sit up on his own and has regained a lot of energy.
Mum on the other hand has fallen sick. She has been nauseous the whole day and at home. Don't worry, it's just a regular fever and she should be fine with the potion I gave her.
I have been pretty busy between work, St. Mungo's and your mum's health and so haven't written in a while.
Hope you're okay.
Dad x

Delilah frowned. There were so many things wrong with the letter. Her dad's usually near handwriting felt scrawly and her mum didn't have a weak immune system, it was weird for Delilah to imagine her sick. Sick enough to miss work.

Joan Rose was a workaholic and she never took a break from work even if she was sick, which she rarely was.
Matt had been much better which was a good sign but Delilah had a bad feeling. She felt anxious to meet her family. There were so many things going wrong suddenly.
She tried to focus on her schoolwork but couldn't.
Her mind was wandering to different places.

"Hey Lil, done with potions?" Clarissa walked in to the dorm.
"Um..no.."
"Are you quite alright?" The blonde asked.
"Yeah..it's just, mums sick and staying at home and dad's letter seems weird. I don't know, I have a weird feeling about this" Clarissa furrowed her eyebrows as Delilah handed her the letter.
"Dont worry so much Delilah" The girl sat down beside her friend, "it's just a fever"
"I know, I just can't understand why but I don't have a good feeling about it"
"You'll be just fine. Let's get out of this room, get you some fresh air" Clarissa pilled Delilah into a side hug and the two girls left the Gryffindor common room.

Delilah had not felt any better the next day and so there she was sipping her tea slowly with professor Trelawney in front of her.
"You seem to be very worried" the teacher noted.
"I have a bad feeling. I don't know what it is"
"Don't worry dear, we will read your tea-leaves and know right away!" The woman smiled at the young girl.
Delilah tried to sip her tea faster but it was too hot. The tea also calmed her nerves and kept her a bit under control.
"Oh dear" Trelawney gasped as she saw the shape of the leaves.
"How bad is it?" Delilah asked.
"It's a club which could only mean an 'attack'" The professor has a grim look on her face as she worriedly looked at the girl in front of her.
"You mean to say some is attacking my family" Delilah confirmed.
"The leaves only tell the future dear, but yes someone is going to attack your family."