41

He chuckled, "Aren't you going to run away?"

"Aren't you going to try and kill me?" Delilah stood in front of none other than Sirius Black, but she wasn't scared. She was scared of the forest around her but she wasn't scared of the murder before her.

"I'm not a murderer, and I would appreciate it if you leave because you wouldn't want to attract the dementors, they might steal a kiss" He winked at her.

"I knew it! That prophet says whatever it wants! I knew you weren't a murderer" She said in enthusiasm and Sirius looked at her weirdly.

"So I say it and you believe it?"

"Well you could've killed me by now but you haven't even tried. Not enough of a threat" Delilah crossed her arms over her chest as she let her weight drop to her left hip.

Sirius looked at her with no words leaving his mouth as his eyes scanned her rather familiar face as she raised a brow with a small smirk on her face, "You are Joan's daughter" He realized, "Look just like she did when she was your age"

"People like to say I'm like my father, but what do people know, and what do you know?" Delilah narrowed her eyes at the man.

"No definitely your mother"

"Definitely not a murderer! You're too soft, you don't have what it takes"

"Excuse me! I have what it takes to be a murderer. I look tough right?" He took a defensive stance.

"No, you're not tough enough"

"Snarky! I can see why people say you're your father" He rolled his eyes.

Delilah looked at him with narrowed eyes, "How do you even know my mother?" She asked. Delilah was pretty sure that Sirius wasn't going to kill her, he didn't seem like a threat and he knew her parents. He could tell her things they never did. 

"We were friends," Sirius replied, his eyes still trying to pick up on her features, "I haven't talked to her in a while though"

"Well that's a bummer, you won't be able to anymore. She passed away two years ago" Delilah softened. He was her friend, he knew her from Hogwarts, he probably knew her father too, maybe he could answer her questions.

"Oh, how!?"

"Do you not meet other prisoners in Azkaban?"

"No, what do you mean?"

"My father must've surely met you. Did you know him too?"