26

Oliver was beyond confused when professor McGonagall pulled him out of his class in urgency

Oliver was beyond confused when professor McGonagall pulled him out of his class in urgency. She led him towards the hospital wing in complete silence and he followed her with no questions asked.
"This may shock you a little," McGonagall told him.
What happened? Did someone from the Quidditch team get injured?
Oliver walked into the hospital wing to see Jesse, Connor and Clarissa standing there in concern. He walked further to see Delilah on the bed, her body stiff and her eyes soulless . His jaw dropped, his feet froze in the spot and his eyes opened wide.
"She was petrified" the professor informed.
"W-what?" Oliver looked between his friends and the teacher.
"We don't know,exactly,what happened" She moved up to the table next to Delilah's bed and picked up a letter from it, "This was addressed to you" she handed him the letter and Oliver looked back at the three friends standing there in silence.
"I need you to tell me what you know. Do you have any theory about  what could have happened?" Minerva asked the boy in worry.
"No ma'am, I don't know anything," The boy chuckled in nervousness, "In facet, I haven't talked to her properly in weeks"
"Very well, you four are free to stay here till your next class" McGonagall turned around and swiftly made her way out of the wing.
Oliver looked at the letter in his hands and flipped it over. His name was written in a neat cursive with black ink. His eyes flickered to Delilah and he felt guilt rise from within him The boy wasn't sure if should open the letter or not. His hands fiddled with the small seal that kept the envelope intact.
"Are you going to open it?" Jesse asked Oliver.
"I don't know" He replied in a shaky voice.
"I think you should," Clarissa suggested, "It's an apology.." the girl looked back at a petrified Delilah.
"I-I don't know. I can't believe it" Oliver sighed in disbelief. He turned around and sat on the chair beside her bed, "how did it get so messed up, daisy?" his voice low and sad.
The boy closed his eyes and took a deep breath. His hands traced the seal before opening the envelope. There was a small parchment folded in half. The boy hesitantly took it out and unfolded it to see a neatly written letter before him.

Wood. The word was scratched off and replaced with 'Oliver'
I'm sorry. I've been so selfish and rude to you. I hope you don't completely hate me and ignore me after you read this letter. I know I said some mean things but hey! you did too so can we just call it even and move on? Hopefully we can.
I was so drowned into my own life that I never asked about yours. So maybe, if you forgive me (which you probably will because you love me too much), we can get to know you a little bit.
I know this isn't the most perfect apology but I have literally written nine others and they were all worse.
I really am genuinely sorry Oliver. I just want my friend back.
Love
Lilah

_________

October turned into November in no time and Delilah was still petrified. Oliver sat by her bed every chance he got, telling her about her day ,complaining about his friends and laughing about their silliness.
He wished that she could listen to him and laugh like they never fought.