39

Delilah and Oliver never told anyone about what happened

Delilah and Oliver never told anyone about what happened. It was their secret and they didn't need to drag the others into it. But her friends did start questioning why she was so out of it all the time, why she never slept in her own bed anymore, why she was practically blank in class despite being a decent student. She didn't really have much answers to it, she just replied with a shrug or 'I'm just sleepy and tired'.

She spent the whole week avoiding their questions and diverting the topic to something else until Oliver asked her, "Did you tell your brother?"
"No, I'm not going to" She replied shortly.
"I know it's bothering you but let's just get your mind off of it for a while" Oliver hoped she would say yes because they both needed to let go for a while. Delilah nodded, she didn't need her father, she was just fine without him. She got her answers and it was time for her to live her normal life
"I want to forget it ever happened" She was talking more to herself than to Oliver, "I don't need to mope around for someone who doesn't deserve it!!"

Quidditch season began with new tactics and a lot of practice. This was his last year to prove himself. Oliver had to win this year, it was his year. Every part of him was just thinking about Quidditch and how to win. Sometimes he even had meetings with Minerva McGonagall about their new strategies and she always gave the best input.

"How are you going to play with the dementors around?" Jesse asked him as they all sat in the great hall for breakfast one morning.
"I'm not sure, they won't really attack us, will they?" Oliver scratched his head.
"Well, they seem to be after Harry a lot" Percy informed them.
"Something is always after that boy, tell us something new, Perce" Clarissa rolled her eyes.
"Well if you want to know something new, I'm breaking up with Penny.." He told them.
"It was never a proper thing with you two anyways!" Alexander commented and earned a shoulder punch from Delilah, "Why would you do that?" she asked him.
"I don't think it's working, I'd like to focus on school" Percy said, ignoring Alexander's comment.
"That's horrible!"

When the topic of breakups came up, Delilah's eyes flickered between Connor and Alexander. She had been noticing some tension between them but felt like it wasn't her business to point it out. They sat on opposite ends of the group, spent lesser time alone and were barely talking to each other. It made her wonder what was going on between the two. It was just a small fight, right? Unlike Delilah, Connor wasn't the most vocal about his fights, he didn't cause scenes in public, he didn't argue in public, he didn't physically hit someone if too many people were around (unless someone went too far). Would he ever talk about it if not asked to?

When she asked Jesse and Clarissa if they noticed it too, they responded with nods, "Have you noticed how he doesn't come to the Gryffindor common room much?" Jesse added.
"I think you should ask him what's happening. He won't come right out and say it" Clarissa told him and he nodded.

When it came to Clarissa and Jesse, they were complicated. It was obvious that Jesse was still completely in love with her but Clarissa wasn't one to commit to easily. She was not a relationship girl, she was a dating girl (Haha someone please get the gilmore girls reference). She wasn't one to commit easily. Delilah wasn't sure how long Jesse would wait though.