46

But it was not your fault, but mine And it was your heart on the line 

And it was your heart on the line 

Summer was here. It was time for them all to get their NEWT results and apply for jobs. As for Oliver, he had already applied for all the Quidditch teams he could and had try outs all summer. 

Clarissa and Percy had applied to many departments at the ministry, Alexander had applied under a few Magizoologists. Connor had applied for Auror training and Jesse had applied at Hogwarts under Madame Promfrey. He wanted to work with her before applying to St. Mungo's.
Delilah wasn't sure what she wanted to do and so she decided to take a break, let summer go and think and choose. No one had their NEWT results in yet anyways, so applying to a job would be a slow process.

Oliver wasn't living with his parents yet, he couldn't until he got his NEWT results but instead of going home, he stayed with Alexander, sometimes Jesse and sometimes Connor. He would've gone to Percy's but the poor boy was already hosting so many people at home.

Delilah's summer was pretty peaceful until the World Cup. It was approaching and Matthew was playing which brought a lot of excitement with her.

It was two weeks before the cup when Delilah received a letter from Oliver. He had made the Puddlemere team and he was super excited.

They all met up in Diagon Alley and celebrated his win. Percy announced then that he was almost into the ministry which only made everyone more pumped.

It was a weird thing that Delilah didn't receive her NEWT scores yet which bothered her. All her friends had them, why didn't she?
"Maybe you've got a slow owl. Not everyone's got theirs yet, just wait another week and if you don't, write to McGonagall"
"Yeah, you're right" She nodded.
"You'll be okay" Oliver kissed her forehead and she smiled at him.

Delilah was beyond excited to go to the Quidditch world cup. She was going with her brother who was there to pick her up early in the morning. Megan and Agustus Rose weren't going with their niece and nephew because neither of them could get off of work.

"So are we apparating there?" Delilah asked with a grin.
"No, we are using Portkey" Matthew told her as they walked through the city.
"What? why?"she asked looking beside her and at him.
"because apparating there is a hassle" He led her to a dark alleyway which was pretty much empty. Matthew stopped before a small, empty can near the dust bin, "It's touch activated so we do it together" Delilah nodded. Matt counted down from 3 and they both put their hands on the can causing everything around them to spin.

It took a few seconds until Matthew shouted for them to let go, "Are you crazy!?"
"Let go!" And so she did and fell to the floor groaning in pain as her back jerked.
Matthew on the other hand casually landed perfectly where he needed to and stretched a hand for his sister, "This is the worst thing ever" she told him as he chuckled.