5.

Delilah was in a pretty good mood the next day

Delilah was in a pretty good mood the next day. She sat down  at the hufflepuff table right in front of Connor and next to Jesse.
"You look rather cheery" Jesse said skeptically.
"What!? I can't be happy?" She asked stuffing a piece of sausage in her mouth and raising her brows at  the boy.
"At 7 in the morning?" Connor asked.
"I'm just happy to be back with my friends" Delilah stretch out her arm and put it over Jesse's shoulder.
"Who are you and what have you done with Lil?" Jesse asked her with wide eyes as Connor snorted.
The girl shoved Jesse slightly as he gave her a cheeky grin.
"Where is Clare?" Connor asked.
"Still asleep"
"Did you try to wake her up?"
Jesse and Delilah shuddered in fear.
"Never wake a sleeping Clarissa! She will be the death of you" Jesse shook his head as the group laughed.
"What classes do you both have?" Delilah asked.
The three friends swapped their schedules and marked classes they had with each other.
"Divination!? Why did you take divination?" Jesse asked.
"I like it. Sounds interesting" the girl shrugged.
"You're going to say the opposite by the end of the class" he told her.
"It's better than history of magic, Jesse!" Connor said as Jesse waved him off.
Clarissa walked up to the table and sat down beside Connor with a sigh.
"Did you and Lil switch places?" Jesse asked a tired Clarissa.
"What?"
"You're all gloomy and she's too happy"
"Oh yeah..." before Clarissa could explain herself, the owls swooped into the great hall dropping letters everywhere.
Delilah caught her daily newspaper which was thrown from above her.
"Lil! Can I take that?" Clarissa asked but grabbed it before Delilah could say anything.
"I guess..." Clarissa then proceeded to burn the newspaper using 'incendio'
"Clary! What are you doing!?" Everyone at the Hufflepuff gasped loudly as professor sprout approached the group, flicking her wand to get rid of the fire.
"Ms Jones!" The professor scolded, "this is unacceptable!"
"Sorry professor, it was an accident!" Clarissa muttered.
"I won't take any points from you this time but I better not see it happen again! It's only the first day of school. Don't cause too much trouble" with that the plump professor walked away.
"Clary! What was that?" Delilah asked.
"Nothing. I'm going to class" the girl stood up and brisk walked out of the hall.
Jesse and Connor shared a look before Connor excused himself too.
"Is she okay?"
"Connor's gone to check on her" Delilah let out a sigh before the two left of the four walked to the Defense against the Dark Arts classroom.

As the duo walked to class, Delilah noticed a few people looking at her skeptically. For a girl who's parents were Quidditch prodigies and a brother who was a professional player, this wasn't a big deal but the looks she was receiving weren't surprised or excited but grim and sad.
Shaking these thoughts off her mind, the girl walked into class with Jesse right behind her. The chatting in the room stopped and all eyes were on them.
Delilah sat down wondering what had happened.
"What?" She asked no one in particular.
The students looking at her muttered something to each other and looked back.
"Are you alright?" A girl asked.
"Yes...?" Delilah replied in more of question.
"You sure you okay?" A hufflepuff asked.
"Why!? Does something look wrong with me?" Delilah asked.
"No not at all"
"So tell me what's going on"
"You don't have to pretend..."
"What do you mean?"
"It will be alright!"
Delilah was done asking questions because no one seemed to be giving her the right answer.
"Will someone tell me what happened!?" She shouted.
"Ms. Rose, first class of the day and you're landing detention already. Today after classes" The defense against the dark arts teacher walked in and quieted the crowd while Delilah grumpily sat down in her chair.
"This isn't fair!" She shouted.
"Ms. Rose! 10 points from gryffindor"  the teacher said yet again. Delilah frustratedly swiped her ink pot off the table as it smashed into pieces  with the black ink coating the floor beneath her.
"Ms. Rose! This is the last stand. You will be serving detention for a week with Filch!" He said in an angry tone.
Delilah huffed as she looked at Jesse. He looked between his teacher and his best friends before sighing and standing up.
"Mr. Nixon, can I help you?" The teacher asked.
"Uh.." Jesse looked around before taking his quill and snapping it in half. The defense teacher looked at his student with a raised eyebrow.
"I can't believe I'm doing this" Jesse muttered to himself before sliding his papers and ink pot off his desk.
The teacher shook his head in disbelief, "Very well then, you get detention too" he rolled his eyes before fixing the inkpots and moving on with his class.