20

"I will have to forfeit"

Oliver was in the locker room with all the members of the team and they were highly concerned. Usually, Oliver was up and about at least and hour before the match.
"What's happening, Wood?" one of the twins asked.
"I have bad news" everyone looked at him with intense eyes, "we don't have a seeker anymore and we can't play without a full team"
"But what about a reserve player?" Alicia asked.
"There were total of two people who tried out for seeker and this one barely made it. We don't have anyone"
"Are we going to-"
"-Forfeit?"
"Yes."

Oliver along with his team walked over to madame Hooch who was standing in the middle of the ground.
"Our seeker fell of the stairs and can't play." Oliver explained.
"What about your reserve?" she asked.
"No one tried out" He felt so defeated.
"I'm sorry Wood but we can't postpone the match. We have exams coming up" Madame Hooch said in a sad voice.
"I guess we will-" Oliver started but was cut off.
"Not forfeit! I'll be their seeker," Oliver turned around to see Delilah in gold and red quidditch robes, some dusty Quidditch gloves and a Nimbus 1000 in her hand. (A/N Looking hot as hell might I add XD) The Quidditch coach looked at the other team and then the watch in her hand. They didn't have much time and it would've been unfair to Gryffindor if they never got a chance.
"I allow it since your seeker got injured at the last minute" Madame Hooch said but Oliver was busy gaping at Delilah.
"You-but-I-"
"You're Oliver Wood, you train 7 days a week, 5 hours a day, were you really going to give up!? You're Oliver freaking Wood! the best keeper ever and you don't give up, especially on Quidditch!" Delilah smiled at him, "now close that mouth and tell me what to do"

The slytherin team was not happy with the change of arrangements. They didn't know how well Delilah played, they didn't know her weakness or her skills overall.
But, after much arguing with Madame Hooch, Marcus Flint was left with two choices. Argue more and let Madame Hooch remove them for being disrespectful or let her play and risk their chance of winning.
Marcus Flint may be a Jerk to the Gryffindor players but he was from a well known pureblood family and he knew his manners. Arguing further with the coach would be highly unappreciated and so he left it at that.

Oliver couldn't believe it. Delilah Rose was in Quidditch robes. She was going to be a Gryffindor seeker. The girl who hated Quidditch was playing the sport for him.
"I hope we do this right" Angelina said with a little nervousness.
"Fingers crossed!" Alicia crossed the fingers of bother her hands.
Delilah curled her fingers into a fist and lightly pounded it on Oliver's forehead, "Knock on wood"

The team mounted their brooms but just before kicking off, Delilah froze. She hadn't done this since first year. At least not in front of people.
"This was a mistake" her legs were shaking and her heart was pumping as if it was going to rip through her chest.
"It's in your blood, Tulip. You can do this, I know you can" Oliver told her, "Just take a deep breath and lightly kick off"
The crowd was cheering loudly and everyone was waiting for the game to start. Delilah looked at Oliver before nodding and following his instructions.