11.

The three broomsticks was packed with people but James and Delilah managed to find a small table in a corner

The boy brought with him two butterbeers as Delilah sat down on the chair.

"You know, I realized that I barely know you as a person" Delilah said, pulling her mug of butterbeer closer.
"What do you mean?" James asked doing the same thing.
"I don't know what you like or not like, I barely know your friends and all. So tell me"  She smiled, her arms resting on the table.

"Well I barely know you either. Maybe a little more than you know me but I don't know how much I can trust the journalists" James chuckled and Delilah shook her head but with a smile.

"Well I'll tell you something about me and in return you tell me something about you" She said and James nodded.
"I have one older brother" She started.
"One younger sister. Her name is Lavender" The boy informed before taking a sip of his warm drink.
"I like Transfiguration" Delilah said.
"I love Transfiguration"
"I want a pet dragon" Her eyes seemed to lit up at the word 'dragon'
"I want a pet hippogriff" He laughed.
"My friend circle is pretty small. Just Connor Jesse Clare and I. Sometimes Alexander, Percy and Oliver but I wouldn't consider them friends. They're all annoying" She scrunched up her nose and James cocked an eyebrow.
"I have some Ravenclaw friends, my dorm mates and my mates on the quidditch team" The boy shrugged
"I hate quidditch" The girl said rather bluntly instantly regretting it. She wanted to apologize but James spoke up before her, "I Like quidditch but it's not my favorite" He said which made her smile.
"I've never dated anyone before" Delilah confesses.
"Dated one girl before" Maybe that's why James seemed so casual about this.
"Who?" Delilah asked curiously, her head lifted to look at him.
"No one you know. No one you want to know" James shrugged it off.
"A bit dodgy but I'll let it pass"

James and Delilah finished their Butterbeer and walked out of the pub, their hand lingering around the others' but none of them making the move to hold it.
"Can I ask you something weird?" James asked a little nervousness hinting his tone.
"Depends on how weird it is" Delilah grinned.
"Well, are your friends following us?" His eyes glancing around a few times.
"Maybe." Delilah's cheeks went hot in embarrassment. "They're just looking out for me." She said.
"I think that's great" James was the perfect boy. He was just so nice.
The two walked around Hogsmeade for a while before going into Honeydukes.

Clarissa and Jesse followed closely as they passed comments at the 'couple' in front of them.
"I bet she's already planning their wedding"
"Wedding!? You're a bit behind Clare. She named their kids last week!" Jesse shook his head at the girl disapprovingly.
"Kids? Plural?" Clarissa pretended to be shocked.
"Ofcourse! 5 kids" Jesse exaggerated.
"Who has five kids?" The two turned around to see Oliver and Percy standing there.
"Delilah and James ofcourse" Clarissa answered to Percy's question as she laughed.

Oliver scrunched up his nose. He didn't like James Brown at all. Maybe it was because James was on his rival quidditch team or that James was always seen flirting around with other girls.

He followed the Hufflepuff boy's gaze to see Delilah and James in Honeydukes, laughing and goofing around.
"You should be careful, he's a bit of an arse" Oliver told the two friends.
"Is it because you want to be in James' place?" Clarissa asked with a wink.
"No! Never! she hates Quidditch!" Oliver frantically said and the three friends around him laughed.

Delilah sat with her Gryffindor mates in the common room talking about her date. She only intended to tell Clarissa but Oliver and Percy barged in.

"So..did you two kiss?" Clarissa asked excitedly.
"No" Delilah said, not being able to wipe the smile out of her face. It was clear that the girl liked James Brown.
"Why not?" Percy asked and Delilah shrugged.
"Does this mean you'll be coming to most of the Quidditch games now? Because you have to support your boyfriend and your best friend" Oliver smirked.

He didn't know why but he liked provoking Delilah on these things. Maybe it was because he wanted to see her knowledge of Quidditch or he maybe he wanted to see how she reacted to his strategies. He had noticed before, how she looked and pointed at each chaser, definitely directing what each should do and Oliver had to know exactly what it was.

"James is not my boyfriend." Delilah said simply.
"He will be soon!" Clarissa giggled and Delilah shoved her shoulder playfully.

November was arriving faster than Delilah anticipated. She had received no letter from her parents after her last reply. The girl was starting to get suspicious and so decided to write to her brother.

The owl gently took the letter from her hand and flew away. Delilah fixed the scarf around her neck before walking down the steps of the owlery.

"wotcher Primrose" She saw Oliver jogging towards her.
In the past two months, Delilah had grown accustomed to Oliver constantly being around her or trying to irritate her. Her group of friends had morphed with Oliver and his mates, making them one big group.

"Wood" Delilah nodded. But just because they were civil to each other, it didn't mean she hated Oliver any less.
"where are you coming from?" He asked falling in step with the girl.
"The owlery, writing a letter to my brother" She replied shortly.
"Can he play now?" Oliver asked her as they walked down to the great hall.
"In about another month, he should be back to normal" She smiled to herself but dropped it when she looked at Oliver.

Oliver was particularly happy because his first Quidditch season as captain was about to begin, and so he ignored all sassy comments coming out of Delilah's mouth as they walked into the great hall.

She sat down next to Clarissa before James approached her and pecked her lips. James and Delilah were officially dating and though it wasn't a lot, PDA was something they didn't mind. All their friends groaned and complained about the two teasingly as Delilah blushed hard.

"It's okay for Connor and Alex to do it, but not for James and I!?" She asked not being able to wipe the lopsided smile off of her face.
"I don't trust him" Oliver muttered to Alexander who nodded in agreement.
"If Lil is happy, we should let her be. If he hurts her we know how to hide a dead body" Alexander smiled at his friend.

"You coming to watch our first match against Hufflepuff right?" Clarissa asked Delilah with hopeful eyes.
"Do I have to?" Delilah asked with a frown on her face.
"I would love it if you do" Clarissa raised both her eyebrows up, "but I won't mind if you don't. I know how you feel about Quidditch"
"Really!?" a small smile appeared on the raven haired girl's face. "You won't think I'm a horrible friend?" She asked.
"I know you hate Quidditch with burning passion" Clarissa shrugged as Oliver flinched at her words.
"Can you not? It physically hurts me to hear that" Oliver told her and the group laughed.