13.

Delilah was worried

Delilah was worried. Her parents hadn't been responding to any letters she sent to their Paris address, her brother wasn't writing back to her from home and she didn't know who else to consult.
"I just want to know that everything's alright" she said.

"I'll talk to the headmaster, Ms. Rose. I'm sure that they are just busy. Don't worry about it unless they give you something specific to worry about"

Professor McGonagall may come off as stern sometimes but she loved her children to death and was actually quite polite and sweet. The professor offered the girl some calming tea from Rosemerta's Tea shop in diagon alley which she usually kept around for students who might need them. She was always prepared for any situation and had read upon some muggle child psychology books in her free time to relate to the students better. That's what stood her out from the rest of the teachers.

"But professor, they haven't even been covered in the news! Which, not to come off as arrogant, is quite weird because the news runs after them like cats chase mice!" She said exasperated.

"I assure you that we will look into it and keep you updated," McGonagall's lips then curved up into a smirk, "and I assure you that we do not chase mice."
Delilah looked at her dead serious (haha! Dead Sirius! Lol please don't come at me) and then burst out into fits of giggles.

Talking to the deputy headmistress definitely cheered and calmed Delilah. She felt a weight lifted off of her shoulders as she walked towards the common room.

"James! what are you doing here?" Delilah asked the boy who was standing in front of the Gryffindor common room.

"Looking for you! Where have you been?" He asked with a smile.

"Just been doing something. Not important! let's go inside" Delilah spoke out the password and walked into the common room.

Percy, Alexander and Clarissa were sitting on the floor playing a game of exploding snap.
"Why is a Ravenclaw in our common room?" Alexander asked. It was his job to hate James when Oliver wasn't around and he wasn't complaining.

"I'm standing right here, Alex" James smirked before taking a seat next to his girlfriend.

"Delilah Daisy Dandelion Lilac Rose! Why is a rival in our common room!?" Oliver walked into the common room, his shoes muddy and hands bruised.

The boy then turned to James, "Are you here to spy on my Quidditch team?"

"Quit it Wood, I brought him inside" Delilah said and Oliver hesitantly walked into his dorm.

The lot talked around for a while before James left. Oliver came down from his dorm when he heard James leaving, not wanting to talk to that boy.

"Do you have to be so rude to him?" Delilah crosses her arms over her chest.