15.

"So, I can't go home for christmas" Delilah informed her friends during dinner in the great hall

"What!? Why?" Connor asked in complete shock.
"My parents are stuck in Paris. Are any of you staying back?" She asked, hoping atleast one of them was.
"I'm going to stay at my nan's" Clarissa said, "I would take you home if I could. Sorry, lil"
"You could stay with me, it might get a little crowded because my cousins are coming over but we can do something" Connor offered.
"Thanks Con but I don't want to be a bother. And it's completely fine, Clare" Delilah told them with a smile. She was so grateful to have such great friends.

"I'm staying at Hogwarts" Jesse told her.
"Weren't you going to visit your father in the united states, Jes?" Clarissa asked.
"That's been moved to the summer" He replied casually.
"Okay then, I'll be staying with you!" The raven haired girl grinned. James' mind was echoing with Oliver's words. He as starting to feel a little out of place.

"You could come stay with me too, I suppose you could meet my parents" James said it loud enough for Oliver to hear who was having a conversation with Percy. His head snapped to James as his eyes narrowed.

"I- I'm flattered James, but I think I'll stay with Jess. I barely know your family and it will be very rude of me to come over so last minute.." The truth was, Delilah felt that this relationship was going too fast. They hadn't been dating long enough for her to go to his house. James was her first boyfriend ever, she was still figuring things out.

"But it's better than staying at school" He was trying to be as persuasive as possible.
"Don't worry James, I've got Jes to keep me company" Jesse nodded in agreement.
"I guess. But, just in case, my offer's open" James pecked Delilah's cheek as Clarissa and Connor dramatically gagged and Jesse called them cute. James' eyes glanced at Oliver who was smirking right at him. He knew that Delilah valued friendships over relationships and he knew how easily James got Jealous.

Oliver wasn't planning on sabotaging their relationship, he had no right to. James was getting paranoid himself and he was the one who was coming up with false accusations, Oliver was simply enjoying the expressions he threw at Jesse.

And so the holidays arrived. There were very less people staying back at Hogwarts, making the large castle feel completely empty. Delilah and Jesse said their goodbye's to their friends at the station, "Have fun!"
"That's unlikely" Clarissa said with a sour face.
"Write to me" Delilah told her friend.
"Merry Christmas Connor, Clare, James." Oliver came into view and smiled at the three.
"Wait you aren't going home?" Connor asked.
"No, my parents asked me if I wanted to visit my annoying 5 year old cousins or stay back at Hogwarts and I of course said no to going home" Oliver explained.
"Well, don't have too much fun without us" Clarissa said, her and Connor climbing on the train.

Delilah walked over to James and gave him a quick kiss, "Write to me?"
"Of course!"

Since Delilah and Oliver we're both Gryffindors, Jesse had temporarily moved in there too. The castle was pretty much empty and there were only a few people around.