23

Delilah never explained her disappearance to anyone

Delilah never explained her disappearance to anyone. They asked her multiple times but she said that they would know eventually.
"What classes do you have?" she asked Jesse in the great hall and he handed her his schedule.
"We have DADA together. I have Connor and Percy for potions and Alexander for Care of magical creatures. Clarissa and I have no classes together"
"You both do share a dorm together so it seems fair" Alexander pointed out. Beside him Oliver sat fiddling with his food.
"Aren't you going to tell us about Quidditch season today, like you do every time after any holidays," Percy asked him.
"We are practicing a lot" He replied with a bored look on his face.
"What's wrong with you?"
"Nothing. Let's get to class." Oliver stood up from his seat.
"What!? That's my line and we have 30 minutes early" Percy pulled him down by the sleeve.
"Is it Delilah?" Percy whispered to his friend.
"Can we just-" Suddenly all the owls came swooping in, dropping letters and packages down. Percy winced when his owl, Errol, crashed into the table a few seats down where Ron was seated, "Bloody owl" He muttered.

"RONALD WEASLEY!" Percy's head snapped towards Ron. A howler, from his mother to his brother. A look of horror spread across his face, "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR!? I'M ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED. YOUR FATHER IS FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT!" Percy felt the color drain from him as shared Identical looks with the Twins. They seemed just as horrified. "IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! — Oh, and Ginny dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud." Percy tried to give his little sister a sympathetic smile. The Howler destroyed itself as the whole school stared at Ron.

"Your mum's scary" Oliver said with wide eyes.

Delilah had completely ignored Oliver that day. She didn't want to answer his questions and the sight of him made her mad.
"You alright?" Connor asked Delilah who was clenching her jaw as they made their way to potions.
"Yeah, I just don't want to see Snape's face right now" She told the boy who didn't believe her at all.
"Look, I don't want to pester you but something is wrong and you should share it with us. We might be able to help, Lil" Connor told her with worried eyes.
"You can't help. Let's just focus on school" They walked into the dull potions classroom and took a seat in front of their cauldrons.
Soon after Percy and Oliver walked into the classroom bickering about something but immediately stopped when they saw Connor and Delilah looking at them. The Hufflepuff boy smiled and waved at the two Gryffindors to sit behind them. Delilah groaned and narrowed her eyes at her friend, "I really don't want to talk to anyone today" She made an excuse but Percy and a hesitant Oliver sat down behind them.
"Great way to start the day" Percy exclaimed sarcastically.
"I just want to be over with this" Oliver groaned.

Snape told them about Felix Felicis and told them to brew it themselves. Delilah was struggling with the potion but she couldn't possibly ask Connor for help. He was just as bad as her. Percy was too busy into his own potion to even listen to what Delilah had to say and Oliver was out of question.
"Ms. Rose,  your potion is already boiling. You'll have to start over" The potions teacher told her,"First day back and you're already messing up the potions. How disappointing."
Delilah's hand clenched into a fist as she punched the table.
"Maybe some day you'll learn how to brew something from your father" He taunted.
"I'm not my father!" Delilah burst.
"I hope not" Snape moved to the next table as he continued to criticize his students' work.