Snow White

TW: Mentions self harm + failed suicide attempt (sort of)

I jumped slightly as Zoe smiled calling my name and walking gracefully into the classroom.

"What are you doing in here so early Belle?" Zoe grinned and I forced a smile in response.

"I have a really odd question. I don't know if I should ask but I need to know" I hesitated and Zoe raised her eyebrows.

"Alright, what's your question? I'm sure I have an answer for you." Zoe smiled kindly and I felt my stomach drop."

'She really does like me doesn't she? I'm not just a burden to her. That makes this so much harder.'

"I... I need to know where I can find some spells to do something... Specific" I stared at the floor and Zoe chuckled.

"Care to elaborate?" She grinned and I had to bite my lip to keep from tearing up. Zoe was like a big sister to me. She had been helpful and comforting since the day I got here. She was probably my favorite person here aside from Cordelia. Not that it mattered anymore.

"No not really" I kept my eyes to the ground and winced when I heard her speak again, her voice full of worry.

"What's going on Belle?" She wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me to her side. "Is this about Cordelia?"

I blushed and shook my head. Zoe had known about my crush on Cordelia practically since it started.

"Mayyybe you could ask Cordelia if she has an answer to your question." Zoe chuckled and I shook my head again.

"I'm sure she knows, I don't want to bother her." I ran a hand through my hair smiling forcefully.

"Well. Whenever I'm looking for a spell or something like that, I usually go to the library." Zoe shrugged and I gave her a tight, long hug. "Are you sure you're okay? You're acting like you'll never see me again."

I hesitated and pulled away with a tight lipped smile.

'if everything goes right, I won't'

"I'm more than okay. I'm just, at peace today." I grinned, at least I could tell her some of the truth.

"Alright" Zoe chuckled and smiled softly at me. "I'll see you later, right?"

"Maybe"

I walked to the library as fast as I could without raising alarm in the academy. Looking over the books I let out a quiet 'aha' as I found what I was looking for.

I opened the large dusty book and scanned the index to find a spell that fit what I was wanting.

I paused and turned to page 1,693

The 'Poison Apple' curse

I took a deep breath and wrote down the ingredients needed and the directions. I ran to the greenhouse and started gathering what I needed.

If I did this right. I could finally be done. I could be free. If not. I would be trapped in my own body, forever.

That was a risk I was willing to take.