Tequilawine

Pour tequila in my wine
Now I'm feelin' fine
I wanna waste your time
Like you wasted mine

I knocked back yet another drink as everyone around me danced and pretended everything was okay for the night.
It wasn't okay though.
Not even close.

She was gone and I could never have her back.
How does someone go from 'I adore you' to 'you mean nothing to me' in a matter of days?

I was in love, and now I'm in love and broken hearted.

You walk into the party
I see you in my peripheral
Tryin' not to stare at you
It's motherfuckin' difficult

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the love of my life walking through the crowd towards the bar.

'fuck'

I downed another glass of whatever I had and tried to keep from staring. It was hard. I felt like crying and screaming at the top of my lungs, all at the same time.
Why couldn't I just look away?

What am I feelin'?
I'm starin' at the ceilin'
Don't wanna let you know I want you
That's just too revealin', I
So I, I might (I might)

I kept my eyes trained on the overhead lights as I heard her approach and order her usual drink.

"Y/n?" Shit she noticed me. I turned to her with a smile and ran my hand through my hair my fingernails dug into my hand as I made a fist.

"Cordelia!" I giggled and took another shot. I need to remember to tip this bartender more.

"How- how have you been?" Cordelia looked away and bit her lip. The look on her face make me want to hug her.

Oh no Delia, you don't get to do this to me now.

"I'm actually pretty wonderful." I lied with ease but we both knew it was bullshit. I just wasn't about to admit that I missed her, and she wouldn't admit it if she missed me.

We were too proud for that shit.

I'ma mix these drinks till you're out of focus
So I don't even notice
I'ma mix these drinks till it's blurry vision
So I won't know you did it

"How's Misty" my tone changed when I mentioned her name. Cordelia looked down and an expression of guilt crossed her face.

"She's alright" Cordelia smiled sadly 'but she isn't you'

I rolled my eyes at Cordelia's thoughts. If she wasn't going to say it out loud it meant nothing to me.

Pour tequila in my wine
Now I'm feelin' fine
I wanna waste your time
Like you wasted mine

"Are you gonna cheat on her too?" I asked with a small spiteful chuckle and Cordelia's face went white. "Oh I see, you already did."