Team Player

B turned away from the audience who had just finished discussing what happened in the first mission of Modern Warfare 2 and pressed the button on his seat, starting another mission.

"Stop it for a second." He immediately recognized this voice. It was Salem, "Before we begin, there is something I need to ask you."

B pressed the button again, pausing the mission, "What is it?"

"What exactly are you?" Salem asked,  "We've been here for quite some time now and we don't know anything about you."

Watts placed his hand on his chin, nodding in agreement, "This question was actually on my mind as well."

"Mine as well." Ironwood nodded as well, having hard time believing that he agreed with Salem on something, as the rest of the audience turned to look at B. He could easily say that this question was on everyone's mind for a while now.

The masked man stared at Salem for a second, before answering, "I'm honestly suprised that none of you asked this question earlier. The answer is quite simple. I'm one of the watchers of the multiverse."

"Watchers of the Multiverse?" Ozpin asked, wanting to be sure if he didn't misheard.

"Yes." B nodded in confirmation, "There is over twenty of us. Each for each one of the letters of the alphabet. "We all had to abandon our real names to when we were all randomly chosen from our home planet Earth to become the next...."

"Wait! Are you trying to say that all kinds of people can become watcher of the multiverse?" Ruby cut him off, looking a bit horrified by this scenario, "Even the worst kind?"

"This is exactly what am I saying." B nodded in confirmation, "But don't worry, Ruby. Lucilly, the other watchers are all decent people, and there's nothing to worry about."

Ruby let out a relieved sigh and so did a few other people in the audience as her sister stated, "This must be an awesome and exciting job."

"And responsible one." Weiss added to which Winter and Goodwitch nodded in agreement.

"It can get tough at times, but sometimes  it can get pretty boring for all of us. That is why we like to visit heroes from the universe that we like." B explained, "For example, right now, V should be doing something the cast of Goblin Slayer, Q should be partying with the mercenaries from Team Fortress 2, maybe she'll finally find out what happens in the last issue of the comic, for which fans, including myself are waiting for about three or four years now, and D should be doing something else as well."

"You and the others watchers can visit any universe you want, at any time?" Salem asked, looking actually curious about it.

"We surely can." B responded, knowing that Salem wasn't the best character to give this information to, but she wouldn't be able to do that much with it anyway.

"At any time? Even now?" Salem wanted to be sure.

"Yes." B answered with a nod of his head, "We even  are inviting some people from the other universes to live with us. For example, A invited a few characters from NieR: Automata and, even formed a relationship with Popola, or I invited characters from my favourite cartoon when I visited their universe."

He turned away from the audience, and pressed the button, turning the next mission back on, "Now that, all of you received the answer to this question.Let's get back to Modern Warfare 2, shall we?"

Another mission started with the emblem of Atlesian Rangers spinning around for a few seconds before a familiar map of Remnant was shown to the audience.

"We are the most powerful military force in the history of Remnant." Ironwood's sounded on the screen.

Winter and Ironwood smiled proudly at this statemenent.