➼chapter 2; tickets and squeals

❁❁❁

❁❁❁

After finishing up their breakfast, the two Mallards went on to do their chores, not without grumbling about it, of course.

Serena was on her last dish when something suddenly crashed into the kitchen window in front of her. The girl snapped her neck to look up, seeing a small tawny owl hovering right outside the window. "Oh, shoot! I forgot about Magnolia's letter!" Quickly washing her hands, Serena opened the window for her friend's owl. "Sorry, Grey, I haven't read Nolie's letter yet, but I'll write my response as fast as possible. Here are some more Owl Treats, I know Mum already gave you some earlier." Finishing up the dishes and feeding the surprisingly patient owl, Serena ran up the stairs.

Picking up the letter from her nightstand, Serena sat at her desk, getting out her own parchment and quill as she read it.

~~~

To Serena Esmae Mallard,

So before I get to the real news, I must address the fact that Ramona and I will be crashing at your place on this fine, Saturday afternoon for reasons you will understand if you are patient and continue reading this well-written letter.

All formal speech aside:

AZALEA GOT THE TICKETS! I REPEAT, SHE GOT THE TICKETS FOR THE FLIPPING QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP!!

FOUR FOR ME, MONA, YOU, AND IYLA. (My brother won't be coming because he's 'too busy at the Ministry.' Git.)

For once my sister's position as seeker on the Appleby Arrows finally paid off.

MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR SPARE ROOMS AND BUTTERBEER READY (for Mona of course) BECAUSE WE WILL BE IN YOUR FIREPLACE BY 5PM SHARP!

~~~

Dropping the quill she had in her hand, Serena stared at the parchment laid on her desk for five seconds before jumping up, chair crashing to the floor as she did. "OH MY GOSH! WE'RE GOING TO THE FUCKING WORLD CUP!"

Serena ran out of her room, slamming the door to her sister's room down the hall open. Iyla looked up from her notebook in shock, staring at Serena as if she had gone mad. "Er... you look kinda crazed Rena, what's-"

"WE'RE GOING! WE'RE ACTUALLY GOING! OH MY LORD I CAN'T BREATHE!!" Serena was practically bouncing around Iyla's room, which seemed to follow a theme of violet.

Iyla had no idea what her sister was talking about, but she felt excited just watching Serena. "We're going somewhere? Where are we going? Australia? America?"

"NO, YOU IDIOT. WE'RE GOING TO THE QUIDDICTH WORLD CUP!!" That one statement seemed to bring a new round of screams and cheers. Iyla got up from her own bay window, throwing her treasured notebook aside to dance in celebration with her sister.