➼chapter 15; red hair and mood rings

❁❁❁

❁❁❁

When Fred Weasley suggested Serena should dye her hair red over a month ago, she didn't take it seriously. The thought of him actually acting on it didn't even cross her mind.

Until he did.

She woke up on the morning of October 13th to her dorm room completely silent. Rubbing her eyes, Serena was confusion when she didn't see Angelina Johnson standing over her bed, a pillow held threateningly in her hand.

Alicia Spinnet would usually be sprawled all over her bed, hair sticking up in every direction. But when Serena opened the curtain draped around her bed, the two beds across from her were empty.

The Gryffindor didn't think much of it, rolling off her bed. She stood in front of the mirror leaned against the wall, tugging on the scrunchie that held her hair up, watching the curls fall down her back. "I could use a quick wash and go." Serena said, getting her shampoo from her trunk and slipping into the shower.

Serena squeezed a hand full of shampoo into her hand, that same sweet scent of vanilla filling her nose as she ran it through her hair. Soon after, Serena climbed out of the shower, steam fogging up the glass mirror in front of her. She quickly dressed and magically dried her hair before spending the next half hour detangling and moisturizing her difficult curls.

With her school books in hand and wand in pocket, the girl jogged down the girl's dormitory toward the common room like any other day. Serena was on the last step when she was bombarded by a group of people crowded around her.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SERENA!" They all shouted together, showering the flabbergasted girl with red and gold confetti.

Angelina crossed her arms and pouted. "I can't believe you're of age before me."

"But that means you can join the tournament!" Ginny Weasley exclaimed.

"So... since you're seventeen and all," Ron said, "Can you put my name in the Goblet for me?"

Harry snorted as Hermione elbowed him in the ribs before the bushy-haired girl smiled at Serena. "Happy birthday!"

"W-wait a second?" Serena put down her books on the nearest table, eyebrows furrowed. "It's the 13th? Already?"

Iyla stared at her sister. "Don't tell me you've forgotten your own birthday?"

"I've been too busy with schoolwork to keep up with the calendar," Serena blushed.

Before Iyla could comment on how Serena doesn't do any homework to be busy with, a loud voice rang through the common room. "IT WORKED!"

Serena looked up to see Fred, George and Lee all high-fiving each other. "What worked?" She asked. The trio simply pointed at Serena, or really, her hair, with everyone else following.