➼chapter 10; train rides and water balloons

❁❁❁

❁❁❁

Ramona, Magnolia and Serena, though begrudgingly, got on the train, squeezing between fellow other Hogwarts students who annoyingly stood in the middle of the walkway, dashing into the first compartment they saw. Luckily, it was empty, so the three settled in with their trunks and pets, Iyla having gone to sit with the Golden Trio.

"I cannot believe they won't tell us what's happening!" Serena scoffed, crossed her arms. "It's our school, we should know!"

Magnolia shrugged. "Mrs. Weasley said we'll know by this evening, so I'm not worried."

"Can't wait that long, can you?" Ramona asked.

"No! You two know how impatient I am."

Magnolia pouted. "Sounds like something you should work on."

Serena rolled her eyes once more, looking out the train window, trying to see fields they were speeding past, but couldn't through the sheets of rain.

She didn't notice at first, but Serena felt as if someone was watching her. So when she turned toward her friends, she was slightly startled to see them leaning on the edge of the seat, staring straight at her with silly grins. "What are you staring at?" Serena asked uncertainly.

"You, of course." Magnolia said.

"Why?"

Ramona's eyebrows rose. "Don't tell me you didn't notice."

"Noticed what?"

Magnolia rolled her eyes. "She was too busy flirting with Bill, didn't you see?"

"What are you two going on about?" Serena said, throwing her hands up in vexation.

"Should I tell her?" Ramona asked Magnolia.

The Ravenclaw waved her hand. "Sure, go ahead."

"Okay!" Ramona looked excited, bouncing on her chair beside Magnolia. "Well, while you and Bill were talking, we saw Fred looking quite irritable."

Serena stopped breathing for a second. "W-what? Why is that relevant."

"Because, you oblivious idiot," Magnolia said. "He was obviously jealous. You were practically starstruck talking to Bill. I mean, he was pretty hot, but you should have seen the look on Fred's face. It was hilarious!'

"No, it was adorable!" Ramona said sharply, looking back at Serena with a dreamy smile. "He looked as if he wanted to go over to you, but then we were all ushered on the train, he didn't get a chance. Gosh, it was so cute!"

Serena didn't know how to process this information. Why in the world would Fred be jealous of her talking to his brother? 'Unless... no, no, of course not.' She thought, shaking her head as if to erase the thought. Serena instead turned to Ramona with a smirk of her own. "Say... aren't you supposed to be at the Prefect compartment? You know, I'm sure Cedric is there waiting for you, to make sure you're alright after the Cup, of course."