➼chapter 27; announcements and excitement

Author's Note: Please Read :)

Once I reach chapter 30, or once the Yule Ball portion of this book is finished, I will be revising most, if not all, of my chapters.

There are too many grammatical mistakes I cannot ignore, and several things I'd like to change. The plot won't be altered at all (well hopefully) but if you see a ton of updates from me, just know I'm trying to make this book at least somewhat decent. :)

Now onto the chapter~

❁❁❁

"Mallard! Weasley! Will you pay attention?"

Professor McGonagall's irritated voice cracked like a whip through the Transfiguration class on Thursday, and both Serena and George jumped and looked up.

The pair had been discussing what more they should add onto the nearly completed letter to Ludo Bagman. While Serena insisted on telling the Quidditch commentator straight-up what he did and what he needs to do to fix it, George constantly had to cross out her borderline-blackmail accusations with a disapproving shake of his head.

Quickly stuffing the sheet of parchment into her bag, Serena and George gave McGonagall an innocent smile, to which she responded with an angry look at the pair. "Now that Mallard and Weasley have been kind enough stop secretively scribbling on a parchment," said Professor McGonagall,"I have something to say to you all.

"The Yule Ball is approaching- a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above- although you may invite a younger student if you wish-"

Heidi Macavoy, a Hufflepuff, let out a shrill giggle. Annabelle Entwhistle nudged her in the ribs, as she fought furiously not to giggle herself. Both looked at Cedric Diggory, who was sitting beside Ramona. Cedric seemed a little uncomfortable, glancing at the auburn-haired girl on his left, who looked rather annoyed.

"Dress robes will be worn," Professor McGonagall continued, "and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall."

"Oh, that's Iyla's birthday," Serena whispered to George, who nodded in slight interest.

"Now then-" Professor McGonagall stared deliberately around the class. "The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to- er- let our hair down," she said in a disapproving voice.

Serena snorted, immediately covering her mouth as McGongall threw her a sharp glare. The girl buried her face in George's arm, as if to keep herself from laughing. Only George was struggling himself as he looked anywhere but Professor McGonagall. It made sense, with McGonagall's hair always in a tight bun, she looked as though she had never let her hair down in the last decade.

"But that does NOT mean," Professor McGonagall went on, "that we will be relaxing the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor or Hufflepuff student embarrasses the school in any way."