➼chapter 23; articles and bookstores

❁❁❁

❁❁❁

"That evil little Skeeter!" Serena huffed one chilly, Saturday morning. She sat beside Magnolia and Ramona in the Great Hall, throwing down a copy of the Daily Prophet on the table. "Have you two read the article yet? It's absolutely atrocious!"

The pair shook their heads as Ramona reached for the newspaper, skimming the front page. "This is supposed to be about the Tournament and the Champions, but it's more like a high-coloured life story of Harry Potter."

"Life story?" Magnolia snorted. "He's only fourteen."

"Never mind that, check page two," Serena said, angrily pouring her cereal into a bowl.

Ramona nodded, flipping the page and began reading. After a minute, her eyes widened. "Holy cricket! They mentioned Iyla!"

"Wait a minute, let me see that," Magnolia said, plucking the article out of Ramona's hands.

Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of one Hermione Granger, a stunningly pretty Muggle-born girl who, like Harry, is one of the top students in the school. Creevey also tells that Iyla Mallard, a beautiful Half-blood with voluminous curls, remains by Harry's side at all times, an arm securely, if not possessively, wrapped around his own. Which girl Harry would prefer in his company more, we can only guess.

"That damned Skeeter, putting my little sister in the Daily Prophet, painting her as... as-"

"As some clingy, boy-obsessed, preteen fighting for the attention of the famous Harry Potter?" Magnolia said, handing the paperback to Ramona.

"Yes!" Serena scrunched her nose in irritation. "Honestly, the way that woman writes, it's defamation!"

"I feel bad for the Beauxbatons and Drumstrang Champions. Their names were sort of squashed in the last line, misspelt too. And Cedric wasn't even mentioned." Ramona said as she neatly folded the newspaper.

"Well, it'll definitely help Krum keep that ego of his at bay," Serena muttered bitterly.

Magnolia rolled her eyes. "Are you still pouting over how he caught the Snitch at the World Cup? It's been months!"

The Gryffindor crossed her arms in response. "And I'll pout over it for much longer because Aidan Lynch did not deserve to be wronged like that."

"You're unbelievable."

"And you're unbearable."

"Anyways," Ramona said before their bickering could continue, "People are going to be talking about this for days, Serena. I do hope you won't do anything stupid."