➼chapter 25; fiery dragons and orange peels

❁❁❁

❁❁❁

No one knew what was wrong with Ramona.

Not even madam Pomfrey had the slightest clue. The potion she gave Ramona should have worked, and it did for the most part, except when the Hufflepuff had the vision of Cedric, which she did not dare tell anyone about, besides Magnolia and Serena.

So, she drank the dark blue potion once more. As there was nothing else to do, the three girls spent the rest of their day in the library finishing up their homework, on Ramona's orders, of course.

Before they knew it, it was the day of the first task.

The morning of the 24th of November was filled with great tension and excitement. During breakfast, banners donning Hufflepuff and Gryffindor colours were passed out, Serena taking a flag that had both house colours. She tackled both Harry and Cedric in a hug, and wished them good luck. Sure, she already knew the latter's future, but she still wanted to give him a little boost of confidence.

People were bouncing their feet on the floor or tapping their fingers all throughout morning lessons in anticipation. By midday, all classes were stopped. Serena practically skipped her way to the Great Hall for lunch, knowing after, she and the rest of the school would be led outside to watch the first task. In the middle of it, both Harry and Cedric were pulled up from their seats and out of the Great Hall. 

The Gryffindor watched with a smile when Ramona quickly gave Cedric one last hug, holding each other for a little too long. Professor Sprout had to tap Ramona's shoulder to get her to let go. Noticing the entire Hall was watching, Ramona hastily took a step back, growing redder by the second as she took her place beside Serena and Magnolia.

Finally, after everyone had returned their books and bags to their dormitories, it was time to head out to the field. "Oh, wow, it's actually happening! The first task is today!" Serena exclaimed, exhilaration zooming through her body.

"That's the third time you've said that, Serena. We get it." Magnolia said with a roll of her eyes.

"Oh, shut up," the girl said before looking down at Ramona. The auburn haired girl was playing with the ends of her plaits, something she often did when she was nervous. "Are you alright, Mona?"

"Uh? Oh, yes... yes I'm alright."

"She's just worried," Magnolia said. "But there's nothing to worry about. You saw what happened yourself, so Pretty Boy Diggory will be alright."

"I know that, but..." Ramona hesitated, before shaking her head. "But nothing. He'll be just fine."

"That's the spirit! I know Harry'll be good, too." Serena smiled. Just then, out of the corner of her eye, she spotted two tall redheads walking down the path behind her, sporting two suitcases around their necks. "Oh, no! Hide me!" Serena briskly went to walk in front of Magnolia, attempting to use the slight height difference to conceal herself.